We thank seminar participants at Northwestern, the World Bank, Chicago GSB, University of Wisconsin–Madison, Minneapolis Federal Reserve, Princeton University, European University in Florence, University of Southern California, New York University, Boston University, Bocconi, Universitè Pompeu Fabra, Ente Einaudi, Boston Federal Reserve, and Harvard University and conference participants at the 2009 winter NBER EF&G Meetings, 2008 AEA, SITE, the 2007 NBER Summer Institute, the SED Conference, LAEF Households, Gender and Fertility Conference, the NBER Group on Macroeconomics across Time and Space, Midwest Macro Meetings, the NY/Philadelphia Workshop on Quantitative Macro, IZA/SOLE, and Ammersee. We especially thank Stefania Marcassa for excellent research assistance and Stefania Albanesi, Roland Benabou, Raquel Bernal, Jason Faberman, Jeremy Greenwood, Luigi Guiso, Larry Jones, Patrick Kehoe, Narayana Kocherlakota, Ellen McGrattan, Fabrizio Perri, Harald Uhlig, and the anonymous referees for comments and suggestions. Laura Veldkamp thanks Princeton University for their hospitality and financial support through the Kenen fellowship.
Nature or Nurture? Learning and the Geography of Female Labor Force Participation
Article first published online: 1 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Econometric Society
Volume 79, Issue 4, pages 1103–1138, July 2011
How to Cite
Fogli, A. and Veldkamp, L. (2011), Nature or Nurture? Learning and the Geography of Female Labor Force Participation. Econometrica, 79: 1103–1138. doi: 10.3982/ECTA7767
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 1 JUL 2011
- Manuscript received March, 2008; final revision received March, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!