Replication files for this paper are available from http://diegopuga.org/data/selectagg/. We thank Kristian Behrens, Steven Berry, Stéphane Grégoir, Robert McMillan, Marc Melitz, Peter Neary, Gianmarco Ottaviano, Giovanni Peri, Stephen Redding, John Sutton, Daniel Trefler, five anonymous referees, and conference and seminar participants for comments and discussions. We gratefully acknowledge funding from the Agence Nationale de la Recherche through grant COMPNASTA (Combes), the Banco de España Excellence Programme (Puga), the Canadian Social Science and Humanities Research Council (Duranton), the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (Combes), the Comunidad de Madrid through grant S2007/HUM/0448 PROCIUDAD-CM (Duranton and Puga), the European Commission's Seventh Research Framework Programme through contract 269868 for the European Research Council's Advanced Grant “Spatial Spikes” (Puga), and through contract 225551 for the Collaborative Project “European Firms in a Global Economy” (EFIGE) (Combes, Duranton, Gobillon, and Puga), the Fundación Ramón Areces, and the IMDEA Ciencias Sociales and Madrimasd Foundations (Puga).
The Productivity Advantages of Large Cities: Distinguishing Agglomeration From Firm Selection
Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Econometric Society
Volume 80, Issue 6, pages 2543–2594, November 2012
How to Cite
Combes, P.-P., Duranton, G., Gobillon, L., Puga, D. and Roux, S. (2012), The Productivity Advantages of Large Cities: Distinguishing Agglomeration From Firm Selection. Econometrica, 80: 2543–2594. doi: 10.3982/ECTA8442
- Issue published online: 26 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
- Manuscript received February, 2009; final revision received February, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!