We thank Daniel Ackerberg, Steven Berry, John Birge, Amit Gandhi, Philip Haile, Lars Hansen, Panle Jia, Kyoo il Kim, Samuel Kortum, Kenneth Judd, Sven Leyffer, Denis Nekipelov, Aviv Nevo, Jorge Nocedal, Ariel Pakes, John Rust, Hugo Salgado, Azeem Shaikh, and Richard Waltz for helpful discussions and comments. We also thank workshop participants at CREST-INSEE/ENSAE, EARIE, the ESRC Econometrics Study Group Conference, the Econometric Society, the Federal Trade Commission, INFORMS, the International Industrial Organization Conference, the 2009 NBER winter IO meetings, Northwestern University, the Portuguese Competition Commission, Santa Clara, the Stanford Institute for Theoretical Economics, the UK Competition Commission, the University of Chicago, and the University of Rochester. Dubé is grateful to the Kilts Center for Marketing and the Neubauer Faculty Fund for research support. Fox thanks the NSF, Grant 0721036, the Olin Foundation, and the Stigler Center for financial support. Su is grateful for the research support from the NSF (award no. SES-0631622) and the IBM Corporation Faculty Research Fund at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Improving the Numerical Performance of Static and Dynamic Aggregate Discrete Choice Random Coefficients Demand Estimation
Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Econometric Society
Volume 80, Issue 5, pages 2231–2267, September 2012
How to Cite
Dubé, J.-P., Fox, J. T. and Su, C.-L. (2012), Improving the Numerical Performance of Static and Dynamic Aggregate Discrete Choice Random Coefficients Demand Estimation. Econometrica, 80: 2231–2267. doi: 10.3982/ECTA8585
- Issue published online: 25 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
- Manuscript received May, 2009; final revision received October, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!