We thank a co-editor and four anonymous referees for important suggestions and comments. This paper is a shortened and substantially revised version of an earlier paper with the same title; the quantitative analysis in the earlier paper is now contained in a new paper titled “How Much Can Taxation Alleviate Temptation and Self-Control Problems?”
Temptation and Taxation
Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Econometric Society
Volume 78, Issue 6, pages 2063–2084, November 2010
How to Cite
Krusell, P., Kuruşçu, B. and Smith, A. A. (2010), Temptation and Taxation. Econometrica, 78: 2063–2084. doi: 10.3982/ECTA8611
- Issue online: 3 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2010
- Manuscript received June, 2009; final revision received April, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!