This paper is a combined version of Helpman, Itskhoki, and Redding (2008a, 2008b). Work on these papers started when Redding was a Visiting Professor at Harvard University. We thank the National Science Foundation for financial support. Redding thanks the Centre for Economic Performance at the London School of Economics and the Yale School of Management for financial support. We are grateful to a co-editor, four anonymous referees, Pol Antràs, Matilde Bombardini, Arnaud Costinot, Gilles Duranton, Gene Grossman, James Harrigan, Larry Katz, Marc Melitz, Guy Michaels, Steve Pischke, Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, Peter Schott, Dan Trefler, and conference and seminar participants at AEA, Berkeley, CEPR, Chicago, Columbia, Harvard, LSE, NBER, NYU, Northwestern, Penn State, Princeton, Stanford, Stockholm, Tel Aviv, UCLA, and Yale for helpful comments. The usual disclaimer applies.
Inequality and Unemployment in a Global Economy
Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2010
© 2010 The Econometric Society
Volume 78, Issue 4, pages 1239–1283, July 2010
How to Cite
Helpman, E., Itskhoki, O. and Redding, S. (2010), Inequality and Unemployment in a Global Economy. Econometrica, 78: 1239–1283. doi: 10.3982/ECTA8640
- Issue online: 28 JUL 2010
- Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2010
- Manuscript received June, 2009; final revision received February, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!