We thank Whitney Newey and two anonymous referees for comments that greatly improved this paper. We also thank seminar participants at Chicago, CREST, Harvard/MIT, the Henri Poincaré Institute, Hitotsubashi, LSE, Mannheim, Minnesota, Northwestern, NYU, Paris 6, Princeton, Rochester, Simon Fraser, Tilburg, Toulouse 1 University, UBC, UCL, UCLA, UCSD, the Tinbergen Institute, and the University of Tokyo, and participants of the 2008 Cowles summer econometrics conference, EEA/ESEM, FEMES, Journées STAR, and SETA and 2009 CIRM Rencontres de Statistiques Mathématiques for helpful comments. Yuhan Fang and Xiaoxia Xi provided excellent research assistance. Kitamura acknowledges financial support from the National Science Foundation via Grants SES-0241770, SES-0551271, and SES-0851759. Gautier is grateful for support from the Cowles Foundation as this research was initiated during his visit as a postdoctoral associate.
Nonparametric Estimation in Random Coefficients Binary Choice Models
Article first published online: 20 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 2, pages 581–607, March 2013
How to Cite
Gautier, E. and Kitamura, Y. (2013), Nonparametric Estimation in Random Coefficients Binary Choice Models. Econometrica, 81: 581–607. doi: 10.3982/ECTA8675
- Issue published online: 20 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 20 MAR 2013
- Manuscript received June, 2009; final revision received August, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!