For excellent research assistance, I thank Francesco Franco, Jinsook Kim, Farzad Saidi, Heiwai Tang, Ding Wu, and, particularly, Alex Chinco and Fernando Duarte. For helpful comments, I thank the co-editor, four referees, and seminar participants at Berkeley, Boston University, Brown, Columbia, ECARES, the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Harvard, Michigan, MIT, New York University, NBER, Princeton, Toulouse, U.C. Santa Barbara, Yale, the Econometric Society, the Stanford Institute for Theoretical Economics, and Kenneth Arrow, Robert Barsky, Susanto Basu, Roland Bénabou, Olivier Blanchard, Ricardo Caballero, David Canning, Andrew Caplin, Thomas Chaney, V. V. Chari, Larry Christiano, Diego Comin, Don Davis, Bill Dupor, Steve Durlauf, Alex Edmans, Martin Eichenbaum, Eduardo Engel, John Fernald, Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde, Richard Frankel, Mark Gertler, Robert Hall, John Haltiwanger, Chad Jones, Boyan Jovanovic, Finn Kydland, David Laibson, Arnaud Manas, Ellen McGrattan, Todd Mitton, Thomas Philippon, Robert Solow, Peter Temin, Jose Tessada, and David Weinstein. I thank for NSF (Grant DMS-0938185) for support.
The Granular Origins of Aggregate Fluctuations
Article first published online: 4 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Econometric Society
Volume 79, Issue 3, pages 733–772, May 2011
How to Cite
Gabaix, X. (2011), The Granular Origins of Aggregate Fluctuations. Econometrica, 79: 733–772. doi: 10.3982/ECTA8769
- Issue published online: 4 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 4 MAY 2011
- Manuscript received August, 2009; final revision received October, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!