For excellent research assistance, I thank Francesco Franco, Jinsook Kim, Farzad Saidi, Heiwai Tang, Ding Wu, and, particularly, Alex Chinco and Fernando Duarte. For helpful comments, I thank the co-editor, four referees, and seminar participants at Berkeley, Boston University, Brown, Columbia, ECARES, the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Harvard, Michigan, MIT, New York University, NBER, Princeton, Toulouse, U.C. Santa Barbara, Yale, the Econometric Society, the Stanford Institute for Theoretical Economics, and Kenneth Arrow, Robert Barsky, Susanto Basu, Roland Bénabou, Olivier Blanchard, Ricardo Caballero, David Canning, Andrew Caplin, Thomas Chaney, V. V. Chari, Larry Christiano, Diego Comin, Don Davis, Bill Dupor, Steve Durlauf, Alex Edmans, Martin Eichenbaum, Eduardo Engel, John Fernald, Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde, Richard Frankel, Mark Gertler, Robert Hall, John Haltiwanger, Chad Jones, Boyan Jovanovic, Finn Kydland, David Laibson, Arnaud Manas, Ellen McGrattan, Todd Mitton, Thomas Philippon, Robert Solow, Peter Temin, Jose Tessada, and David Weinstein. I thank for NSF (Grant DMS-0938185) for support.
The Granular Origins of Aggregate Fluctuations
Article first published online: 4 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Econometric Society
Volume 79, Issue 3, pages 733–772, May 2011
How to Cite
Gabaix, X. (2011), The Granular Origins of Aggregate Fluctuations. Econometrica, 79: 733–772. doi: 10.3982/ECTA8769
- Issue published online: 4 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 4 MAY 2011
- Manuscript received August, 2009; final revision received October, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!