We thank the editor (Harald Uhlig) and five referees, as well as Daron Acemoglu, Marco Bassetto, Michele Boldrin, Kenneth Judd, Per Krusell, Roger Lagunoff, Sigrid Röhrs, Victor Ríos-Rull, Jaume Ventura, Pierre Yared, and seminar participants at several institutions for comments. Zheng Song acknowledges the financial support from Fudan University (985 platform) and the Social Science Foundation of China (06CJL004). Kjetil Storesletten acknowledges the support of the Norwegian Research Council via ESOP and via a Young Outstanding Researcher grant. Fabrizio Zilibotti acknowledges the support of the European Research Council (ERC Advanced Grant IPCDP-229883).
Rotten Parents and Disciplined Children: A Politico-Economic Theory of Public Expenditure and Debt
Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Econometric Society
Volume 80, Issue 6, pages 2785–2803, November 2012
How to Cite
Song, Z., Storesletten, K. and Zilibotti, F. (2012), Rotten Parents and Disciplined Children: A Politico-Economic Theory of Public Expenditure and Debt. Econometrica, 80: 2785–2803. doi: 10.3982/ECTA8910
- Issue published online: 26 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
- Manuscript received October, 2009; final revision received November, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!