We thank the editor and three anonymous referees for their numerous comments and suggestions that helped us improve the quality of the paper substantially. We also thank Jushan Bai, Alexei Onatski, Marcos Perez, Crocker Liu, Federico Nardari, Manuel Santos, Stephan Dieckmann, Na Wang, and Matteo Barigozzi for their helpful comments and/or sharing codes and data with us. The paper was presented in the econometrics seminars at Tokyo University, Kyoto University, Hitotsubashi University, the Korea Econometric Society Summer Meeting, Korea University, Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Southern California, Texas A&M University, Sam Houston State University, Bar Ilan University, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Alberta, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, and Seoul National University. We would like to thank the participants in the seminars. All remaining errors are, of course, our own.
Eigenvalue Ratio Test for the Number of Factors
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 3, pages 1203–1227, May 2013
How to Cite
Ahn, S. C. and Horenstein, A. R. (2013), Eigenvalue Ratio Test for the Number of Factors. Econometrica, 81: 1203–1227. doi: 10.3982/ECTA8968
- Issue published online: 16 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2013
- Manuscript received December, 2009; final revision received September, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!