We are grateful to four referees and the editor for instrumental comments and suggestions, which have led to a significant improvement of this paper. An earlier version of this paper was entitled “Do Credit Constraints Amplify Macroeconomic Fluctuations?” (Liu, Wang, and Zha (2009a)). For helpful discussions, we thank Susanto Basu, Larry Christiano, Russell Cooper, Morris Davis, Steve Durlauf, Marty Eichenbaum, John Fernald, Kris Gerardi, Mark Gertler, Simon Gilchrist, Mike Golosov, Pat Higgins, Matteo Iacoviello, Nobu Kiyotaki, Dirk Krueger, Junior Maih, Jim Nason, Lee Ohanian, Alberto Oritz-Bolanos, Sergio Rebelo, Richard Rogerson, Julio Rotemberg, Tom Sargent, Frank Schorfheide, Chris Sims, Mark Spiegel, Harald Uhlig, Dan Waggoner, Carl Walsh, Yi Wen, John Williams, and seminar participants at Federal Reserve Banks of Atlanta and San Francisco, the 2009 NBER Summer Workshop on Impulse and Propagation Mechanisms, University of Pennsylvania, University of Wisconsin, Georgetown University, UCLA, UCSD, UC Riverside, UC Santa Cruz, UC Davis, USC, the European University Institute, Banque de France, Bank of New Zealand Conference on Twenty Years of Inflation Targeting. We thank David Lang, Jacob Smith, and Diego Vilan for research assistance, and Anita Todd and Sam Zuckerman for editorial assistance. Wang acknowledges the financial support from Hong Kong Research Grant Council (Project 643908). Zha thanks the National Science Foundation for research support (Grant 1127665). The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Federal Reserve Banks of Atlanta and San Francisco or the Federal Reserve System or the National Bureau of Economic Research.
Land-Price Dynamics and Macroeconomic Fluctuations
Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 3, pages 1147–1184, May 2013
How to Cite
Liu, Z., Wang, P. and Zha, T. (2013), Land-Price Dynamics and Macroeconomic Fluctuations. Econometrica, 81: 1147–1184. doi: 10.3982/ECTA8994
- Issue online: 16 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2013
- Manuscript received December, 2009; final revision received April, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!