This paper is the result of a merger between two independent projects: Hörner and Vieille developed the algorithm, and Sugaya and Takahashi established the folk theorem by a direct argument. We thank Katsuhiko Aiba, Eduardo Faingold, Drew Fudenberg, Yingni Guo, Tristan Tomala, and Yuichi Yamamoto for helpful discussions. J. Hörner gratefully acknowledges financial support from NSF Grant SES 092098. N. Vieille gratefully acknowledges financial support from Fondation HEC.
Recursive Methods in Discounted Stochastic Games: An Algorithm for δ 1 and a Folk Theorem
Article first published online: 1 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Econometric Society
Volume 79, Issue 4, pages 1277–1318, July 2011
How to Cite
Hörner, J., Sugaya, T., Takahashi, S. and Vieille, N. (2011), Recursive Methods in Discounted Stochastic Games: An Algorithm for δ 1 and a Folk Theorem. Econometrica, 79: 1277–1318. doi: 10.3982/ECTA9004
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 1 JUL 2011
- Manuscript received December, 2004; final revision received August, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!