We thank a co-editor and three anonymous referees for their invaluable advice. We have also received helpful comments from Søren Asmussen, Andy Atkeson, Heski Bar-Isaac, Dirk Bergemann, Yeon-Koo Che, Mark Davis, Willie Fuchs, Christian Hellwig, Hugo Hopenhayn, Boyan Jovanovic, David Levine, George Mailath, Marek Pycia, Yuliy Sannikov, Ron Siegel, Jeroen Swinkels, Bill Zame, and seminar audiences at ASSA 2010, ASU, BC, Bonn, BU, CAPCP 2010, CETC 2009, Chicago, Columbia, Cowles 2009, ESWC 2010, Frankfurt, Haas, Harvard/MIT, Heidelberg, LSE, Munich, Northwestern, NYU, Ohio State, Oxford, Penn, Pitt, Princeton, SED 2009, Southampton, Stanford, Stern, SWET 2009, Toulouse, UBC, UCI, UCL, UCLA, UCSD, UNC-Duke, and UT-Austin. George Georgiadis, Kenneth Mirkin, Kyle Woodward, Yujing Xu, and Simpson Zhang provided excellent research assistance. We gratefully acknowledge financial support from NSF Grant 0922321.
Reputation for Quality
Version of Record online: 13 NOV 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 6, pages 2381–2462, November 2013
How to Cite
Board, S. and Meyer-ter-Vehn, M. (2013), Reputation for Quality. Econometrica, 81: 2381–2462. doi: 10.3982/ECTA9039
- Issue online: 13 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 NOV 2013
- Manuscript received January, 2010; final revision received May, 2013.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!