We thank a co-editor, Alan Auerbach, Oriana Bandiera, Richard Blundell, Raj Chetty, John Friedman, William Gentry, Kåre P. Hagen, Wojciech Kopczuk, Monica Singhal, Joel Slemrod, four anonymous referees, and numerous seminar and conference participants for constructive comments and discussions. We are also thankful to Jakob Egholt Søgaard for outstanding research assistance. Financial support from ESRC Grant RES-000-22-3241, NSF Grant SES-0850631, and a grant from the Economic Policy Research Network (EPRN) is gratefully acknowledged. The responsibility for all interpretations and conclusions expressed in this paper lies solely with the authors and does not necessarily represent the views of the Danish tax administration (SKAT) or the Danish government.
Unwilling or Unable to Cheat? Evidence From a Tax Audit Experiment in Denmark
Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Econometric Society
Volume 79, Issue 3, pages 651–692, May 2011
How to Cite
Kleven, H. J., Knudsen, M. B., Kreiner, C. T., Pedersen, S. and Saez, E. (2011), Unwilling or Unable to Cheat? Evidence From a Tax Audit Experiment in Denmark. Econometrica, 79: 651–692. doi: 10.3982/ECTA9113
- Issue online: 4 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2011
- Manuscript received February, 2010; final revision received October, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!