This note is extracted from our previously circulated Barelli and Soza (2009). We thank Stephen Morris and three anonymous referees for their comments and extensive suggestions. We would like to thank Phil Reny for invaluable advice throughout this project. We also thank Rabeè Tourky for help with the proofs in this revision. We thank Andrew McLennan for helpful guidance regarding the revision. We acknowledge helpful discussions with Guilherme Carmona, John Duggan, Hari Govindan, Pavlo Prokopovych, Maxwell Stinchcombe, Gábor Virág, and Bob Wilson.
A Note on the Equilibrium Existence Problem in Discontinuous Games
Article first published online: 20 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 2, pages 813–824, March 2013
How to Cite
Barelli, P. and Meneghel, I. (2013), A Note on the Equilibrium Existence Problem in Discontinuous Games. Econometrica, 81: 813–824. doi: 10.3982/ECTA9125
- Issue published online: 20 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 20 MAR 2013
- Manuscript received February, 2010; final revision received June, 2012.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Existence of Nash equilibrium in games with a measure space of players and discontinuous payoff functions, Journal of Economic Theory, 2014, 152, 130, ,
- 2Further results on essential Nash equilibria in normal-form games, Economic Theory, 2014,,
- 3On the existence of mixed strategy Nash equilibria, Journal of Mathematical Economics, 2014, 52, 87, ,
- 4Power sharing and electoral equilibrium, Economic Theory, 2014, 55, 3, 705,