We are grateful to a co-editor and three anonymous referees for helpful comments and suggestions. We are greatly indebted to Jeremy Bulow, Michael Harrison, and Andrzej Skrzypacz for useful conversations, comments, and encouragement. Special thanks also to Peter DeMarzo, Johannes Hörner, Ilan Kremer, Jon Levin, Paul Milgrom, Yuliy Sannikov, Bob Wilson, and seminar participants at Chicago, Chicago GSB, Duke, MIT, Kellogg, NYU, Penn, Stanford, Olin, Wharton, UNC, Yale, and the 7th Annual Duke/Northwestern/Texas IO Theory Conference.
Waiting for News in the Market for Lemons
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Econometric Society
Volume 80, Issue 4, pages 1433–1504, July 2012
How to Cite
Daley, B. and Green, B. (2012), Waiting for News in the Market for Lemons. Econometrica, 80: 1433–1504. doi: 10.3982/ECTA9278
- Issue published online: 25 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2012
- Manuscript received May, 2010; final revision received October, 2011.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Investment busts, reputation, and the temptation to blend in with the crowd, Journal of Financial Economics, 2014, 111, 1, 137, , ,
- 2The value of diffusing information, Journal of Financial Economics, 2014, 111, 1, 181,
- 3Lemons Markets and the Transmission of Aggregate Shocks, American Economic Review, 2013, 103, 4, 1463,
- 4Market signaling with grades, Journal of Economic Theory, 2013,, ,