A previous version of this paper was circulated under the title “On the Optimality of Tariff Caps.” We would like to thank Jonathan Eaton, Alex Frankel, Bengt Holmstrom, Petros Mavroidis, John McLaren, John Morrow, Ilya Segal, Robert Staiger, Bruno Strulovici, Alan Sykes, Juuso Toikka, Ivan Werning, and Robert Wilson for fruitful comments and suggestions. We also would like to thank participants at several seminars and conferences. Peter Troyan provided excellent research assistance. We also thank the editor and three anonymous referees. Manuel Amador acknowledges NSF support.
The Theory of Optimal Delegation With an Application to Tariff Caps
Article first published online: 26 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 4, pages 1541–1599, July 2013
How to Cite
Amador, M. and Bagwell, K. (2013), The Theory of Optimal Delegation With an Application to Tariff Caps. Econometrica, 81: 1541–1599. doi: 10.3982/ECTA9288
- Issue published online: 26 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 26 JUL 2013
- Manuscript received May, 2010; final revision received July, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!