This is a heavily revised version of Bloom, Schankerman, and Van Reenen (2007). We would like to thank Jean-Marc Robin, three anonymous referees, Philippe Aghion, Lanier Benkard, Bronwyn Hall, Elhanan Helpman, Adam Jaffe, Dani Rodrik, Scott Stern, Peter Thompson, Joel Waldfogel, and seminar participants in the AEA, Barcelona, Berkeley, CEPR, Columbia, Harvard, Hebrew University, INSEE, LSE, Michigan, NBER, Northwestern, NYU, San Diego, San Franscico Fed, Stanford, Tel Aviv, Toronto, and Yale for helpful comments. Finance was provided by the ESRC at the Centre for Economic Performance and the NSF.
Identifying Technology Spillovers and Product Market Rivalry
Article first published online: 26 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 4, pages 1347–1393, July 2013
How to Cite
Bloom, N., Schankerman, M. and Van Reenen, J. (2013), Identifying Technology Spillovers and Product Market Rivalry. Econometrica, 81: 1347–1393. doi: 10.3982/ECTA9466
- Issue published online: 26 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 26 JUL 2013
- Manuscript received August, 2010; final revision received December, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!