This paper was presented as the Fisher–Schultz Lecture at the 2010 World Congress of the Econometric Society in Shanghai. We thank Attila Ambrus, Yuichiro Kamada, Jawaad Noor, Alex Peysakhovich, Tomasz Strzalecki, and Dmitry Taubinsky for helpful comments, and the NSF, Grants SES-0646816, SES-0851315, and SES-0954162, for financial assistance.
Timing and Self-Control
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Econometric Society
Volume 80, Issue 1, pages 1–42, January 2012
How to Cite
Fudenberg, D. and Levine, D. K. (2012), Timing and Self-Control. Econometrica, 80: 1–42. doi: 10.3982/ECTA9655
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Manuscript received November, 2010; final revision received May, 2011.
This article has been cited by:
- 1An approximate dual-self model and paradoxes of choice under risk, Journal of Economic Psychology, 2014, 41, 55, , ,
- 2How to commit (if you must): Commitment contracts and the dual-self model, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2014, 101, 100,
- 3Can Self-Control Explain Avoiding Free Money? Evidence from Interest-Free Student Loans, Review of Economics and Statistics, 2013, 95, 4, 1117, ,
- 4Sweet self-deception, Journal of Economics, 2013, 109, 1, 73,