This paper was presented as the Fisher–Schultz Lecture at the 2010 World Congress of the Econometric Society in Shanghai. We thank Attila Ambrus, Yuichiro Kamada, Jawaad Noor, Alex Peysakhovich, Tomasz Strzalecki, and Dmitry Taubinsky for helpful comments, and the NSF, Grants SES-0646816, SES-0851315, and SES-0954162, for financial assistance.
Timing and Self-Control
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Econometric Society
Volume 80, Issue 1, pages 1–42, January 2012
How to Cite
Fudenberg, D. and Levine, D. K. (2012), Timing and Self-Control. Econometrica, 80: 1–42. doi: 10.3982/ECTA9655
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Manuscript received November, 2010; final revision received May, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!