We would like to thank Darrell Duffie, Ken Hendricks, and especially Phil Haile for very detailed comments on an earlier draft. Comments from four anonymous referees and the editor led to further improvements in the manuscript. Manuel Amador, Tim Bresnahan, Estelle Cantillon, Liran Einav, Nir Jaimovich, Seema Jayachandran, Jon Levin, Mike Ostrovsky, Monika Piazzesi, Martin Schneider, Azeem Shaikh, and seminar participants at 2009 NBER IO Group Winter Meetings, Utah WBEC, 5th MTS Conference on Financial Markets, 2009 Cowles Conference, Bank of Canada, Carnegie Mellon, Chicago, ECB, ITAM, Montreal, NYU, Stanford, UCLA, UC Santa Cruz, and Wisconsin provided helpful feedback. Hortaçsu acknowledges financial support from NSF Grant SES-0449625 and an Alfred P. Sloan fellowship. Kastl acknowledges financial support from NSF Grant SES-1123314. The views expressed in this paper are our own and do not necessarily reflect the view of the European Central Bank. All remaining errors are ours.
The 2007 Subprime Market Crisis Through the Lens of European Central Bank Auctions for Short-Term Funds
Article first published online: 26 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 4, pages 1309–1345, July 2013
How to Cite
Cassola, N., Hortaçsu, A. and Kastl, J. (2013), The 2007 Subprime Market Crisis Through the Lens of European Central Bank Auctions for Short-Term Funds. Econometrica, 81: 1309–1345. doi: 10.3982/ECTA9973
- Issue published online: 26 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 26 JUL 2013
- Manuscript received April, 2011; final revision received November, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!