We thank Franklin Allen, Gadi Barlevy, Marco Bassetto, Markus Brunnermeier, Xavier Gabaix, David Martinez-Miera, Stephen Morris, Ned Prescott, Hyun Shin, Jeremy Stein, Anjan Thakor, Dimitri Vayanos, Vish Viswanathan, Wei Xiong, and seminar participants at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Boston University School of Management, the Centro de Estudios Monetarios y Financieros (CEMFI), the European Summer Symposium in Economic Theory (ESSET), the Federal Reserve Banks of New York, Philadelphia, and Chicago, the Fed Day Ahead Conference, Imperial College, the London School of Economics, Sabanci University, Seoul National University, Southern Methodist University, the Summer Workshop on Money, Banking, Payments, and Finance at the FRB of Chicago, the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, the University of Montreal, the University of Texas at Dallas, and the University of Western Ontario. Peter Hull provided excellent research assistance. The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York or the Federal Reserve System. All errors remain our own.
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 Douglas Gale and Tanju Yorulmazer
Volume 8, Issue 2, pages 291–324, May 2013
How to Cite
Gale, D. and Yorulmazer, T. (2013), Liquidity hoarding. Theoretical Economics, 8: 291–324. doi: 10.3982/TE1064
- Issue published online: 16 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2013
- Submitted 2011-9-2. Final version accepted 2012-4-24. Available online 2012-4-24.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Access policy and money market segmentation, Journal of Monetary Economics, 2015, 71, 1, ,
- 2Bank funding structure and lending under liquidity shocks: Evidence from Korea, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 2015, 33, 62, ,
- 3Cross-border interbank networks, banking risk and contagion, Journal of Financial Stability, 2015, 18, 19,
- 4The federal funds market, excess reserves, and unconventional monetary policy, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 2015, 53, 225,