Ashwin Agarwal, Lauren C. Sayres, Mildred K. Cho, Robert Cook-Deegan and Subhashini Chandrasekharan Commercial landscape of noninvasive prenatal testing in the United States Prenatal Diagnosis 33
What's already known about this topic?
- Data about technologies underlying cell-free fetal DNA-based noninvasive prenatal tests and their clinical validity are available in scientific publications. Several papers have detailed ethical and practical concerns surrounding noninvasive prenatal testing.
- Information about the costs, reimbursement, and intellectual property associated with recently launched tests are available but not readily accessible to stakeholders.
- There has been limited discussion of issues surrounding patenting and commercialization and their effects on clinical translation of noninvasive prenatal testing.
What does this study add?
- We detail the intellectual property and business landscape of current and emerging noninvasive prenatal tests by bringing together information from trade press, news, legal business, and scientific publications.
- We also discuss potential effects of patenting and commercialization on the clinical implementation of noninvasive prenatal testing and patient access.
Complete the form below and we will send an e-mail message containing a link to the selected article on your behalf