Leona C. Poon and Kypros H. Nicolaides First-trimester maternal factors and biomarker screening for preeclampsia Prenatal Diagnosis 34
What's already known about this topic?
- It is unclear whether early and late onset preeclampsia are one disease or two different diseases.
- There are several maternal risk factors and first-trimester biomarkers that perform better for the prediction of early than late onset preeclampsia.
- The independent predictive value of these markers has been poorly studied.
What does this study add?
- Using multivariate analysis in a large study population, we have identified the independent predictive value of each obstetric, demographic and maternal serum markers.
- Mathematical modelling suggests high predictive ability at a reasonable false positive rate; prospective studies are underway to confirm the predictive values.
Complete the form below and we will send an e-mail message containing a link to the selected article on your behalf