Journal of Comparative Neurology
© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: PATRICK R. HOF
Impact Factor: 3.331
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 7/161 (Zoology); 91/256 (Neurosciences)
Online ISSN: 1096-9861
Advantages of Publishing in The Journal of Comparative Neurology –
- Enhancing Your Professional Standing By Being Part of a Tradition. Add your name to the list of world-renowned authors who have been published in the world’s oldest, continually published basic neuroscience journal.
- Reaching a Wide–Ranging, Worldwide Audience Looking for the Most Important Work in the Morphological Neurosciences. The Journal of Comparative Neurology is a forum of the highest quality in which to showcase work in the rapidly expanding fields of functional organization of the brain, neuronal plasticity, and the development of the nervous system and is read by neuroscientists, anatomists, physiologists, biochemists, zoologists, and cellular and molecular biologists.
- Accessing a State-of-the-Art Submission System. The Journal of Comparative Neurology offers online manuscript submission and peer-review via ScholarOne Manuscripts (formerly known as Manuscript Central), a user-friendly system making manuscript submission and tracking quick, easy, and safe.
- Attaining High Visibility. The Journal of Comparative Neurology is available online through Wiley InterScience ®, Wiley’s Internet publishing platform. Wiley Online Library® has more than 29 million user sessions per year.
- Joining into an Intellectual Partnership with Wiley. Publishing at Wiley is truly a collaborative process. We value the long-term relationships we have with our authors and we are committed to maintaining the standard of excellence that has been essential to Wiley's success for nearly two centuries.
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Comparative Neurology is an interdisciplinary journal with systems neuroscience as its primary purview. Our focus is on neuronal communication within systems of neurons, and their relationship to function, development, plasticity, degeneration, and repair. The field is broadly defined and includes work that uses molecular, anatomical, physiological, pharmacological, and behavioral methods to investigate neuronal systems, but does not include papers that primarily address clinical aspects of neurology, neuropathology, psychiatry, or psychology. Work on all species from invertebrates to humans is welcome, but the emphasis should be on the way that species adaptations enlighten us about the function or organization of nervous systems, rather than on their evolution per se. The Journal of Comparative Neurology takes special care to provide the highest quality of image reproduction, and offers sufficient page space to document and describe the work completely. Only full-length investigative reports are desired; we do not accept short communications or papers that are focused on new methods.
Neuroscientists · Anatomists · Physiologists · Biochemists · Cellular and Molecular Biologists
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- AgBiotech News & Information (CABI)
- AgBiotechNet (CABI)
- AGRIS Database (FAO)
- Animal Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Biological Abstracts (Clarivate Analytics)
- BIOSIS Previews (Clarivate Analytics)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- Chemoreception Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Field Crop Abstracts (CABI)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Helminthological Abstracts (CABI)
- Horticultural Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Index Veterinarius (CABI)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Nematological Abstracts (CABI)
- Neurosciences Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series B: Livestock Feeds & Feeding (CABI)
- Pig News & Information (CABI)
- Plant Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Poultry Abstracts (CABI)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Review of Agricultural Entomology (CABI)
- Review of Aromatic & Medicinal Plants (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Entomology (CABI)
- Science Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Soils & Fertilizers Abstracts (CABI)
- Veterinary Bulletin (CABI)
- VINITI (All-Russian Institute of Science & Technological Information)
- Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)
- Wheat, Barley & Triticale Abstracts (CABI)
- Zoological Record (Clarivate Analytics)