Microscopy Research and Technique
© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: Alberto Diaspro
Impact Factor: 1.13
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 8/10 (Microscopy); 14/21 (Anatomy & Morphology); 56/86 (Biology)
Online ISSN: 1097-0029
Recently Published Articles
- Comparative morphology of the leaf epidermis in Lobelia (Lobelioideae) from China
Chunjiao Li, Jingmei Lu, Yan Li, Junyi Zhu and Lifan Zhang
Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/jemt.22862
The micro-structures of the leaf epidermis prove useful in differentiating Lobelia species that are morphologically very similar and closely allied. They will also be important in evaluating previous classifications of Lobelia in China.
- Distinguishing the Chinese materia medica Tiepishihu from similar Dendrobium species of the same genus using histological and microscopic method
Kun-Zi Yu, Hua Yan, Hai-Chuan Tai, Nan-Ping Zhang, Xian-Long Cheng, Zeng-Xi Guo, Shuang-Cheng Ma and Feng Wei
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/jemt.22860
- Establish a quick and simple method to distinguish Tiepishihu from other 11 species by combining histologic and microscopic methods together.
- Eleven species in the same genus can be distinguished from each other with microscopic and histological characteristics.
- Retinal imaging analysis based on vessel detection
Arshad Jamal, Mohammed Hazim Alkawaz, Amjad Rehman and Tanzila Saba
Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/jemt.22867
This research has analyzed the retina through vessel detection. The Retina Image Analysis (RIA) assists in vessel segmentation process by calculating vessel diameter, standard deviation, tortuosity & displaying detected vessel on retina.
- Improved capacity to evaluate changes in intestinal mucosal surface area using mathematical modeling
Chasen J. Greig and Robert A. Cowles
Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/jemt.22866
Evaluation of changes to the intestinal mucosa commonly relies on histologic measures. Using a novel and accurate method for calculating mucosal surface area, we found significant differences between experimental groups which were missed by standard measures alone.
- Morphogenesis and developmental ultrastructure of Nicotiana tabacum short glandular trichomes
Branka Uzelac, Dušica Janošević, Dragana Stojičić and Snežana Budimir
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/jemt.22864
- The development and ultrastructure of tobacco short GTs have been characterized from initiation to senescence.
- Early structural changes characteristic of senescence in their glandular cells occurred concurrently with accumulation of secretory product.