© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: Dr. B. L. Golden and Dr. D.R. Shier
Impact Factor: 0.83
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 26/50 (Computer Science Hardware & Architecture); 62/81 (Operations Research & Management Science)
Online ISSN: 1097-0037
Aims and Scope
Network problems are pervasive in our modern technological society, as witnessed by our reliance on physical networks that provide power, communication, and transportation. As well, a number of processes can be modeled using logical networks, as in the scheduling of interdependent tasks, the dating of archaeological artifacts, or the compilation of subroutines comprising a large computer program. Networks provide a common framework for posing and studying problems that often have wider applicability than their originating context.
The goal of this journal is to provide a central forum for the distribution of timely information about network problems, their design and mathematical analysis, as well as efficient algorithms for carrying out optimization on networks. The nonstandard modeling of diverse processes using networks and network concepts is also of interest. Consequently, the disciplines that are useful in studying networks are varied, including applied mathematics, operations research, computer science, discrete mathematics, and economics.
Networks publishes material on the modeling of problems using networks, the analysis of network problems, the design of computationally efficient network algorithms, and innovative case studies of successful network applications. Since the audience for this journal is then necessarily broad, articles that impact multiple application areas or that creatively use new or existing methodologies are especially appropriate. We seek to publish original, well-written research papers that make a substantive contribution to the knowledge base. In addition, tutorial and survey articles are welcomed. All manuscripts are carefully refereed.
Computer scientists · applied mathematicians · electrical engineers · operations researchers · professionals in telecommunications systems, power systems, and electrical networks
networks flows, optimal paths, optimal trees, network models, network algorithms, network design, stochastic networks, telecommunication networks, combinatorial optimization, routing, scheduling, fault tolerance, journal, online journal, Wiley Online Library
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- ACM Digital Library (ACM)
- COMPENDEX (Elsevier)
- CompuMath Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- CompuScience Database (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- Computer & Information Systems Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Computer Abstracts (Emerald)
- Computer Science Index (EBSCO Publishing)
- Current Contents: Engineering, Computing & Technology (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Index to Statistics (ASA/IMS)
- INSPEC (IET)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Mathematical Reviews/MathSciNet/Current Mathematical Publications (AMS)
- PASCAL Database (INIST/CNRS)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography (University of Trier)
- VINITI (All-Russian Institute of Science & Technological Information)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- ZBMATH (Zentralblatt MATH)