Journal of Clinical Psychology
© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: Timothy R. Elliott (Editor) and Barry A. Farber (In Session)
Impact Factor: 2.236
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 35/122 (Psychology Clinical)
Online ISSN: 1097-4679
Aims and Scope
Journal of Clinical Psychology
Founded in 1945, the Journal of Clinical Psychology is a peer-reviewed forum devoted to research, assessment, and practice. Published eight times a year, the Journal includes research studies; articles on contemporary professional issues, single case research; brief reports (including dissertations in brief); notes from the field; and news and notes. In addition to papers on psychopathology, psychodiagnostics, and the psychotherapeutic process, the journal welcomes articles focusing on psychotherapy effectiveness research, psychological assessment and treatment matching, clinical outcomes, clinical health psychology, and behavioral medicine. From time to time, the Journal publishes Special Sections, featuring a selection of articles related to a single particularly timely or important theme; individuals interested in Guest Editing a Special Section are encouraged to contact the Editors.
Journal of Clinical Psychology: In Session
The twin challenges for mental health practitioners are to stay abreast of emerging therapeutic innovations and to identify the treatment methods and relationship stances that will prove most effective for each client. In Session, a branch of the Journal of Clinical Psychology, focuses on the clinical challenges confronting psychotherapists, in the form of either a distinct patient population or a therapeutic dilemma. Published four times a year, each issue of In Session features original articles illustrated through case reports by seasoned clinicians and informed by research reviews translated into clinical practice. Each issue examines a variety of theoretical orientations and treatment formats in jargon-free language. Case examples, clinical recommendations, and relevant research findings are combined to facilitate the selection and integration of effective methods.
Journal of Clinical Psychology is a monthly, peer-reviewed publication that consists of eight issues of the Journal proper and four issues of its branch, Journal of Clinical Psychology: In Session. In Session maintains separate editorial operations, reviewers, and policies.
EDITORIAL POLICY. The opinions expressed here are those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of the editors or the publisher. Names and identifying information have been changed to ensure the confidentiality of all individuals mentioned in case material.
For information about past volumes of In Session (1996-1999) please visit In Session: Psychotherapy in Practice.
Clinical psychologists · psychotherapists · counselors · mental health professionals
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts in Anthropology (Sage)
- Academic ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Criminal Justice Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Index to Statistics (ASA/IMS)
- ERA: Educational Research Abstracts Online (T&F)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- OmniFile Full Text Mega Edition (HW Wilson)
- PASCAL Database (INIST/CNRS)
- Professional Development Collection (EBSCO Publishing)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Social Science Database (ProQuest)
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCO Publishing)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PSYNDEX (ZPID)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Studies on Women & Gender Abstracts (T&F)
- The RECAL Legacy (National Centre for Prosthetics & Orthodontics)
- VINITI (All-Russian Institute of Science & Technological Information)
- Violence & Abuse Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)