Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals Inc.
Edited By: Bruce R. Ransom and Helmut Kettenmann
Impact Factor: 5.466
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 35/252 (Neurosciences)
Online ISSN: 1098-1136
Recently Published Issues
XII European Meeting on Glial Cells in Health and Disease
Dear Glia Community:
Abstract submission and early registration for the XII European Meeting on Glial Cells in Health and Disease is open. The Glia meeting 2015 will be held in Bilbao, Spain, on July 15 - 18, 2015. Please mark your calendar!
The scientific program of the meeting is now available and includes 30 symposia, 2 technical workshops, an introductory course and seven plenary lectures from key scientists:
• Charles ffrench-Constant (Edinburgh, UK)
• Maiken Nedergaard (Copenhagen, Denmark)
• Stéphane H. R. Oliet (Bordeaux, France)
• Richard M. Ransohoff (Cleveland, USA)
• Bruce R. Ransom (Seattle, USA)
• Mikael Simons (Göttingen, Germany)
• Beth Stevens (Boston, USA)
The deadline for early registration and abstract submission is Monday, February 23, 2015, 12.00 p.m. / midnight (CET)
The Glial Meeting series has become a tradition since the first gathering in 1994 at the University of Heidelberg. Subsequent Glial Meetings have been held throughout Europe including Spain (Barcelona 2000). After the success of the Glia Meeting 2013 in Berlin with more than 1.000 participants, the conference returns to Spain. Bilbao is a lively city that combines tradition with modern spirit and has become a cultural highlight in Southern Europe. You can visit the Guggenheim Museum next to the conference center or take the metro to the beach.
Stipends are available as well. GLIA is offering travel grants of EUR 500.
Requirements for applications are:
1. The candidate is first author on an original article in GLIA published in 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2015, or has an article accepted at the time of the deadline.
2. The candidate will participate in the 2015 Euroglia Meeting in Bilbao with his/her own contribution (oral or poster).
The following documents are required (per e-mail bundled to one PDF):
• Short CV
• Abstract of contribution to the Bilbao Meeting. The applicant should be the presenting author. Please note that the deadline for submission of abstracts to the Meeting is February 23, 2015.
The deadline for stipend applications is February 23, 2015.
Applications from young investigators and from scientists living in financially disadvantaged countries are encouraged. Please send applications via email to the Editor-in-Chief in Berlin, Helmut Kettenmann (email@example.com).
Recently Published Articles
Subscribe to RSS headline updates from: GLIA
Powered by FeedBurner
Upcoming Meeting: Glial Biology in Medicine
Deadline for conference registration and abstract submission is:
September 1, 2014
The Center for Glial Biology in Medicine at the University of Alabama Birmingham will serve as host for the fourth "Conference on Glial Biology in Medicine", scheduled for October 12-14, 2014 on the UAB campus meeting details here.
The conference program and related information are available at the website:
Stay abreast of the latest content and news from GLIA on Wiley's Neuroscience Facebook page!