Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals Inc.
Edited By: Bruce R. Ransom and Helmut Kettenmann
Impact Factor: 5.466
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 35/252 (Neurosciences)
Online ISSN: 1098-1136
Advantages of Publishing in GLIA
Reaching a Multidisciplinary Audience of Dedicated Biomedical Researchers. GLIA, the journal that launched the field of glial research, is still the journal of choice for neuroscientists, neurobiologists, neurologists, cell and developmental biologists, anatomists, pathologists, and neurochemists, looking for the most comprehensive coverage in this field of study.
Securing Rapid Online Publication through EarlyView® . Your article will be posted online as soon as it is ready, before the release of the compiled print issue.
Accessing a State-of-the-Art Submission System. GLIA offers online manuscript submission and peer-review via ScholarOne Manuscripts (fomerly known as Manuscript Central), a user-friendly system making manuscript submission and tracking quick, easy, and safe.
Attaining High Visibility. GLIA is available online through Wiley Online Library®, Wiley’s Internet publishing platform. Wiley Online Library® has more than 29 million user sessions per year.
Joining into an Intellectual Partnership with Wiley. Publishing at Wiley is truly a collaborative process. We value the long-term relationships we have with our authors and we are committed to maintaining the standard of excellence that has been essential to Wiley's success for nearly two centuries.
Aims and Scope
GLIA is a peer-reviewed journal which publishes articles dealing with all aspects of glial structure and function. This includes anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, immunology, and pathology of glial cells.
Neurobiologists · neurologists · cell and developmental biologists · anatomists · pathologists · neurochemists
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Opinion in Cell Biology (Elsevier)
- Current Opinion in Neurology (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Neurosciences Abstracts (ProQuest)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- SIIC Databases (Sociedad Iberoamericana de Informacion Cientifica)
- VINITI (All-Russian Institute of Science & Technological Information)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)