Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals Inc.
Edited By: Peter Jenner and Henrique von Gersdorff
Impact Factor: 2.31
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 159/252 (Neurosciences)
Online ISSN: 1098-2396
Benefits of Publishing in SYNAPSE
Reach an Audience of Pre-Clinical Researchers and Clinical Neuroscientists Interested in Basic Science Issues. Read by neuroscientists, neurobiologists, neurologists, psychiatrists, neuropharmacologists, neurochemists, and biochemists, SYNAPSE publishes new basic and clinical research pertaining to all aspects of synaptic structure and function, including attention to practical clinical considerations.
High Quality Image Reproduction. Because it is not restricted to any singular imaging modality, SYNAPSE is one of the premier journals for publishing work on neuroimaging. Studies using the full range of techniques are outstanding both in terms of their scientific rigor and their elegance.
Secure Rapid Online Publication through EarlyView® . Your article will be posted online as soon as it is ready, before the release of the compiled print issue.
Attain High Visibility. SYNAPSE is available online through Wiley Online Library®, Wiley’s Internet publishing platform. Wiley Online Library ® has more than 29 million user sessions per year.
Join into an Intellectual Partnership with Wiley. Publishing at Wiley is truly a collaborative process. We value the long-term relationships we have with our authors and we are committed to maintaining the standard of excellence that has been essential to Wiley's success for nearly two centuries.
Aims and Scope
SYNAPSE publishes articles concerned with all aspects of synaptic structure and function. This includes neurotransmitters, neuropeptides, neuromodulators, receptors, gap junctions, metabolism, plasticity, circuitry, mathematical modeling, ion channels, patch recording, single unit recording, development, behavior, pathology, toxicology, etc.
Neurobiologists · neurologists · psychiatrists · neuropharmacologists · neurochemists · biochemists
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts in Anthropology (Baywood Publishing)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Opinion in Neurology (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- EMCare (Elsevier)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE (NLM)
- Neurosciences Abstracts (ProQuest)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)