Microwave and Optical Technology Letters
Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Edited By: Kai Chang
Impact Factor: 0.585
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 63/80 (Optics); 179/243 (Engineering Electrical & Electronic)
Online ISSN: 1098-2760
NIH Public Access Mandate
For those interested in the Wiley-Blackwell policy on the NIH Public Access Mandate, please visit our policy statement
Author Services – Online production tracking is now available for your article through Wiley-Blackwell's Author Services.
Author Services enables authors to track their article - once it has been accepted - through the production process to publication online and in print. Authors can check the status of their articles online and choose to receive automated emails at key stages of production. The author will receive an email with a unique link that enables them to register and have their article automatically added to the system. Please ensure that a complete email address is provided when submitting the manuscript. Visit http://authorservices.wiley.com/ for more details on online production tracking and for a wealth of resources including FAQs and tips on article preparation, submission and more.
ONLINE MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION
Microwave and Optical Technology Letters welcomes submitted manuscripts online at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/mop . Online submission offers receipt of manuscript on the day of submission, expedited transfer to reviewers; status review by authors of online submissions; and e-mail notification of manuscript disposition received by the corresponding author on the day of the decision.
ScholarOne Manuscripts does not accept a single file upload from the author. Text, tables, and figures will need to be uploaded individually. Do not embed figures or tables in the document. Text format: .doc or .rtf only. Figure format: .tiff or .eps. A delay in processing your paper for review will ensue if we have to get back to you to ask that you carry out this submission requirement.
TO SUBMIT YOUR MANUSCRIPT ONLINE:
- Please submit your manuscript online at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/mop .
- Click on "Check for Existing Account" . If you do not already have an account, click on "Create an Account" Be sure to enter Keywords .
- Follow instructions carefully. Please review that your submission has uploaded correctly before clicking on the "Submit" button.
- On completion of a successful submission, a confirmation screen with manuscript will appear and you will receive an e-mail confirming that the manuscript has been received by the journal. If you do not receive an email acknowledgment that your paper has been received, it means that your submission is incomplete. Please reenter the site and double-check that you have reviewed and clicked "submit" on screen twelve and/or contact tech support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Only original papers will be accepted and copyright in published papers will be vested in the publisher.
If your paper is accepted, the author identified as the formal corresponding author for the paper will receive an email prompting them to login into Author Services; where via the Wiley Author Licensing Service (WALS) they will be able to complete the license agreement on behalf of all authors on the paper.
For authors signing the copyright transfer agreement
If the OnlineOpen option is not selected the corresponding author will be presented with the copyright transfer agreement (CTA) to sign. The terms and conditions of the CTA can be previewed in the samples associated with the Copyright FAQs below:
CTA Terms and Conditions http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/faqs_copyright.asp
For authors choosing OnlineOpen
If the OnlineOpen option is selected the corresponding author will have a choice of the following Creative Commons License Open Access Agreements (OAA):
Creative Commons Attribution License OAA
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License OAA
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial -NoDerivs License OAA
To preview the terms and conditions of these open access agreements please visit the Copyright FAQs hosted on Wiley Author Services http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/faqs_copyright.asp and visit http://www.wileyopenaccess.com/details/content/12f25db4c87/Copyright--License.html.
If you select the OnlineOpen option and your research is funded by The Wellcome Trust and members of the Research Councils UK (RCUK) you will be given the opportunity to publish your article under a CC-BY license supporting you in complying with Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK requirements. For more information on this policy and the Journal’s compliant self-archiving policy please visit: http://www.wiley.com/go/funderstatement.
3. The language of the journal is English.
4. An abstract of not more than 50 words should be included. Authors should supply up to five key terms or phrases that characterize their manuscript. The maximum length of each article is five printed pages. Each printed page is equivalent to four double-spaced manuscript pages or four figures. Authors are requested to stay within these limits. The first page should contain the title, authors and addresses, email address and fax number for the corresponding author, key terms, and abstract. The paper should be reasonably subdivided into sections and, if necessary, subsections. The references should be numbered consecutively in the order of their appearance and should be complete, including authors' initials, the title of the paper, the date, page numbers, and the name of the sponsoring society. Please compile references on a separate sheet at the end of the manuscript, following the AMS style. See the examples below. Where possible, material intended for footnotes should be inserted into the text as parenthetical material. Please supply numbers and explanatory titles for all tables. Please supply legends for all figures and compile these on a separate sheet.
1. E. Conforti, C.M. Gallep, A.C. Bordonalli, and S.-M. Kang, Optical regeneration using feed-forward semiconductor optical amplifier with chirp controlled filtering, Microwave Opt Technol Lett 30 (2001), 438-442.
2. J.J. Morikuni and S.M. Kang, Computer-aided design of optoelectronic integrated circuits and systems, SPIE Optical Engineering Press, 1997.
5. Figures should be professionally prepared and submitted in a form suitable for reproduction. We recommend Adobe Photoshop for generating pixel-based graphics and either Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia's Freehand for generating vector-based graphics. Black and white (B/W) line art is either pixel based (typically generated by scanning the image) or vector based (generated using a drawing program such as Freehand or Illustrator). Pixel-based artwork should be supplied in TIFF format and at a resolution of not less than 1,200 dots per square inch (dpi). Vector-based artwork should be supplied as EPS files. B/W halftones should be supplied in TIFF format. The halftone should be provided at the proper resolution. The finished resolution should be at least 300 dpi. PowerPoint is also acceptable. Color artwork should be provided as an EPS or TIFF file. The finished resolution should be at least 300 dpi. Note that these file formats are not acceptable for printing: JPG, GIF, ONG, PCX, PNG, XBM, Word, and Excel. We recommend creating your graphics in Photoshop, Illustrator, or Freehand and importing them into your page applications as TIFFs with all fonts included. Do not scan figures as JPEGs and convert to TIFFs. All color figures will be reproduced in full color in the online edition of the journal at no cost to authors. Authors are encouraged to submit color illustrations that highlight the text and convey essential scientific information. For best reproduction, bright, clear colors should be used. Dark colors against a dark background do not reproduce well; please place your color images against a white background wherever possible. Please contact the Production Editor at email@example.com for further information.
To ensure that your digital graphics are suitable for print purposes, please go to Rapid Inspector™ at http://rapidinspector.cadmus.com/wi/index.jsp. This free, stand-alone software application will help you to inspect and verify illustrations right on your computer.
6. A covering letter must accompany each submission indicating the name, address, email address, fax, and telephone number of the author to whom all correspondence is to be addressed. An affiliation must be supplied for each author.
7. Due to the speed of publication, no proof will be shown to authors and, therefore, the manuscript must be submitted in final form.
8. Corresponding authors: Effective in 2010, in lieu of a complimentary copy, free access to the final PDF offprint of your article will be available via Author Services only. Please therefore sign up for Author Services if you would like to access your article PDF offprint and enjoy the many other benefits the service offers. Should you wish to purchase additional copies of your article, please click on the link and follow the instructions provided: https://caesar.sheridan.com/reprints/redir.php?pub=10089&acro=MOP
Neither the manuscript nor its figures will be returned following publication unless a request for return is made when the manuscript is originally submitted. Manuscripts and illustrations not conforming to the above requirements will be returned to the author and will have to be resubmitted for a future issue of the journal.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More detailed information can be found at: http://publicationethics.org/
??? Production Questions ???