Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: ERNEST HODGSON, PhD
Online ISSN: 1099-0461
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology is an international journal that contains original research papers, rapid communications, mini-reviews, and book reviews, all focusing on the molecular mechanisms of action and detoxication of exogenous and endogenous chemicals and toxic agents. The scope includes effects on the organism at all stages of development, on organ systems, tissues, and cells as well as on enzymes, receptors, hormones, and genes. The biochemical and molecular aspects of uptake, transport, storage, excretion, lactivation and detoxication of drugs, agricultural, industrial and environmental chemicals, natural products and food additives are all subjects suitable for publication. Of particular interest are aspects of molecular biology related to biochemical toxicology. These include studies of the expression of genes related to detoxication and activation enzymes, toxicants with modes of action involving effects on nucleic acids, gene expression and protein synthesis, and the toxicity of products derived from biotechnology.
Given the rapid development of the field of toxicology during the last few decades and the fundamental importance of biochemical mechanisms in all aspects of toxicology the Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology is of interest, not only to active investigators in the field but to many other scientists. These include other biochemists, molecular biologists, and toxicologists involved in industrial and contract research and testing laboratories, and those involved in legal and regulatory work related to toxic chemicals. The Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology is published bimonthly with one volume of 6 issues per calendar year.
Effective with the 2014 volume, this journal will be published in an online-only format. Print subscription and single issue sales are available from Wiley’s Print-on-Demand Partner. To order online click through to the ordering portal from the journal’s subscribe and renew page on Wiley Online Library.
Biochemists, molecular biologists, and toxicologists involved in industrial and contract research and testing laboratories, and those involved in legal and regulatory work related to toxic chemicals.
activation, biochemical toxicology, carcinogenesis, cytochrome P450, detoxication, gene expression, hepatotoxicity, molecular toxicology, phase I metabolism, phase II metabolism, renal toxicity, toxicant, journal, online journal, Wiley Online Library
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- BIOBASE: Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Elsevier)
- Biochemistry & Biophysics Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- ChemWeb (ChemIndustry.com)
- CrossFire Beilstein (Elsevier)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Environment Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Environment Index (EBSCO Publishing)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- Zoological Record (Thomson Reuters)