Applied Organometallic Chemistry
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Editor-in-Chief Cornelis J. Elsevier
Impact Factor: 2.452
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 14/46 (Chemistry Inorganic & Nuclear); 19/72 (Chemistry Applied)
Online ISSN: 1099-0739
BEST PUBLICATION AWARD
2015 WINNER – Congratulations to the 2015 Best Publication Award Winners:
Yijing Xu, Zhanyi Zhang, Jia Zheng, Qinwei Du and Yiqun Li
Watch 'The Smart Article in Action' and find out how these new features can aid your research. Simply click on the image below:
Recently Published Articles
- Three novel Ni(II), VO(II) and Cr(III) mononuclear complexes encompassing potentially tridentate imine ligand: Synthesis, structural characterization, DNA interaction, antimicrobial evaluation and anticancer activity
Laila H. Abdel-Rahman, Ahmed M. Abu-Dief, Maram Basha and Azza A. Hassan Abdel-Mawgoud
Version of Record online: 16 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/aoc.3750
Three novel Ni(II), VO(II) and Cr (III) imine complexes incorporating tridentate imine ligand have been synthesized and characterized. The prepared complexes have been investigated for their antibacterial and antifungal activity and DNA interaction. The investigated compounds have been tested for their anticancer activity on human colon carcinoma cells, (HCT-116), hepatic cellular carcinoma cells (HepG-2) and breast carcinoma cells (MCF-7).
- Two silver(I) complexes with bis(benzimidazole)-2-oxopropane ligands: Syntheses, crystal structures and DNA binding studies
Shanshan Mao, Kesheng Shen, Xinkui Shi, Yuling Xu and Huilu Wu
Version of Record online: 16 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/aoc.3747
Two Ag(I) complexes (1 and 2) with novel structures have been synthesized and characterized systematically. The two complexes bind to DNA in an intercalative mode and DNA binding affinities follow the order: 2 > 1.
- Synthesis and characterization of iron- and nitrogen-functionalized graphene catalysts for oxygen reduction reaction
Rapidah Othman, Md. Sohrab Hossain and Noor H. Jabarullah
Version of Record online: 16 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/aoc.3738
Iron- and nitrogen-doped graphene catalyst with incorporation of nitrogen using 2,4,6-tris(2-pyridyl)-1,3,5-triazine. (a) High-resolution N 1 s XPS spectrum; (b) TEM image (resolution: 100 nm); (c) oxygen reduction reaction curves in oxygen-saturated 0.5 M H2SO4 at a scan rate of 1 mV s−1.
- Effect of lipophilicity of wingtip groups on the anticancer potential of mono N-heterocyclic carbene silver(I) complexes: Synthesis, crystal structures and in vitro anticancer study
Tabinda Fatima, Rosenani A. Haque, Mohd R. Razali, Ashfaq Ahmad, Muhammad Asif, Mohamed B. Khadeer Ahamed and A. M. S. Abdul Majid
Version of Record online: 16 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/aoc.3735
A series of symmetrically n-alkyl-substituted mono benzimidazolium salts and their corresponding N-heterocyclic carbene silver(I) complexes were synthesized and studied for their in vitro anticancer activity against HCT-116 cells. The anticancer activity was enhanced on increasing the n-alkyl chain length.
- Carbon nanospheres with well-controlled nano-morphologies as support for palladium-catalyzed Suzuki coupling reaction
Wenhuan Dong, Saisai Cheng, Cheng Feng, Ningzhao Shang, Shutao Gao, Chun Wang and Zhi Wang
Version of Record online: 15 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/aoc.3741
With the help of kayexalate, uniform carbon nanospheres (UCS) were prepared by hydrothermal carbonization of an easily obtained biomass source – sucrose. UCS were activated under air condition at 800 °C. Highly dispersed and ultrafine Pd nanoparticles were immobilized on the UCS using NaBH4 solution at room temperature. The final catalyst exhibited good catalytic performance for Suzuki coupling reactions.