Journal of Behavioral Decision Making
© John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Edited By: George Wright and J. Frank Yates
Impact Factor: 2.082
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 17/75 (Psychology Applied)
Online ISSN: 1099-0771
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Behavioral Decision Making is a journal that emphasizes psychological approaches and methods. JBDM publishes manuscripts that develop significant psychological theory of fundamental decision processes or report and interpret previously unknown phenomena. JBDM focuses on publishing original empirical reports, critical review papers, theoretical analyses, and methodological contributions. The Journal also features book reviews.
The objective of the Journal is to stimulate, facilitate, and present high-quality behavioral research on decision making. Studies of behavioral decision making in real-life contexts are encouraged. Our review process is thorough and helps submitting authors develop the contribution of their manuscripts to the fullest.
Articles on specialist topics aim for wider readability by including fully referenced introductions on the background to a particular study and, where possible, discuss the broader implications of the work.
The Journal especially welcomes manuscripts that deal with issues that have wide-ranging impact. Such manuscripts will be considered for publication together with a selection of specialist commentaries.
Papers published in the Journal of Behavioral Decision Making encompass, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- individual decision making
- interpersonal and small group decision making
- consumer behavior and decision making
- decision aiding, analyzing the role of judgment and behavioral factors in the design and requirements of particular techniques and processes
- behavioral economics – where psychological processes are the focus of study
- organizational decision making
- medical and clinical decision making
- decision neuroscience
Researchers and practitioners in cognitive and social psychology · consumer behavior · organizational behavior · management science · behavioral economics
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Criminal Justice Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Index to Statistics (ASA/IMS)
- EMCare (Elsevier)
- Emerald Management Reviews (Emerald)
- Ergonomics Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- INSPEC (IET)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Psychology Journals (ProQuest)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PSYNDEX (ZPID)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)