European Journal of Personality
© John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Edited By: Wendy Johnson
Impact Factor: 2.438
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2011: 8/59 (Psychology Social)
Online ISSN: 1099-0984
For additional tools visit Author Resources - an enhanced suite of online tools for Wiley InterScience journal authors, featuring Article Tracking, E-mail Publication Alerts and Customized Research Tools.
The European Journal of Personality operates an online submission and peer review system that allows authors to submit articles online and track their progress via a web interface. Please read the remainder of these instructions to authors and then click http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/per to navigate to the European Journal of Personality online submission site. IMPORTANT: Please check whether you already have an account in the system before trying to create a new one. If you have reviewed or authored for the journal in the past year it is likely that you will have had an account created.
All papers must be submitted via the online system.
Preferred formats for the text and tables of your manuscript are .doc, docx, .rtf, .ppt, .xls, xlsx. LaTeX files may be submitted provided that an .eps or .pdf file is provided in addition to the source files. Figures may be provided in .tiff or .eps format.
NON-LATEX USERS: Upload your manuscript files. At this stage, further source files do not need to be uploaded.
LATEX USERS: For reviewing purposes you should upload a single .pdf that you have generated from your source files. You must use the File Designation "Main Document" from the dropdown box.
NON-LATEX USERS: Editable source files must be uploaded at this stage. Tables must be on separate pages after the reference list, and not be incorporated into the main text. Figures should be uploaded as separate figure files.
LATEX USERS: When submitting your revision you must still upload a single .pdf that you have generated from your now revised source files. You must use the File Designation "Main Document" from the dropdown box. In addition you must upload your TeX source files. For all your source files you must use the File Designation "Supplemental Material not for review". Previous versions of uploaded documents must be deleted. If your manuscript is accepted for publication we will use the files you upload to typeset your article within a totally digital workflow.
Copyright and Permissions
Authors must sign, scan and upload to the online system:
- a Copyright Transfer Agreement with original signature(s) - without this we are unable to accept the submission. If the manuscript was prepared by multiple authors, the submitting author must agree to inform the co-authors of the terms of the Agreement and to obtain their signatures to the Agreement or their written permission to sign on their behalves. And
- permission grants - if the manuscript contains extracts, including illustrations, from other copyright works (including material from on-line or intranet sources) it is the author's responsibility to obtain written permission from the owners of the publishing rights to reproduce such extracts using the Wiley Permission Request Form .
The Copyright Transfer Form and the Permissions Form should be uploaded as “Supplementary files not for review” with the online submission of your article.
If you do not have access to a scanner, further instructions will be given to you after acceptance of the manuscript.
To enable the publisher to disseminate the author's work to the fullest extent, the author must sign a Copyright Transfer Agreement , transferring copyright in the article from the author to the publisher, and submit the original signed agreement with the article presented for publication. A copy of the agreement to be used (which may be photocopied) can be found in the first issue of the year on the Wiley Online Library website and through links in the online submission system. Copies may also be obtained from the journal editors or publisher.
Submission of a manuscript will be held to imply that it contains original unpublished work and is not being submitted for publication elsewhere at the same time. Submitted material will not be returned to the author, unless specifically requested.
The language of the journal is English. The manuscripts should confirm to the most recent publication manual by the American Psychological Association (APA) . It is not necessary to double-line space your manuscript. Tables must be on separate pages after the reference list, and not be incorporated into the main text. Figures should be included at the end of submitted manuscripts, and additionally uploaded as separate figure files in case of accepted manuscripts.
- During the submission process you must enter the full title, short title of up to 70 characters and names and affiliations of all authors. Give the full address, including email, telephone and fax, of the author who is to check the proofs.
- Include the name(s) of any sponsor(s) of the research contained in the paper, along with grant number(s) .
- Enter an abstract of up to 200 words for all articles. An abstract is a concise summary of the whole paper, not just the conclusions, and is understandable without reference to the rest of the paper. It should contain no citation to other published work.
- Include up to six keywords that describe your paper for indexing purposes.
Upload each figure as a separate file in either .tiff or .eps format, with the figure number and the top of the figure indicated. Compound figures e.g. 1a, b, c should be uploaded as one figure. Tints are not acceptable. Lettering must be of a reasonable size that would still be clearly legible upon reduction, and consistent within each figure and set of figures. Where a key to symbols is required, please include this in the artwork itself, not in the figure legend. All illustrations must be supplied at the correct resolution:
- Black and white and colour photos - 300 dpi
- Graphs, drawings, etc - 800 dpi preferred; 600 dpi minimum
- Combinations of photos and drawings (black and white and colour) - 500 dpi
Where colour is necessary to the understanding of the figures, colour illustrations will be reproduced in the journal without charge to the author.
For accepted manuscripts, the publisher will supply proofs to the submitting author prior to publication. This stage is to be used only to correct errors that may have been introduced during the production process. Prompt return of the corrected proofs, preferably within two days of receipt, will minimise the risk of the paper being held over to a later issue. Free access to the final PDF offprint of your article will be available via author services only. Please therefore sign up for author sevices if you would like to access your article PDF offprint and enjoy the many other benefits the service offers. Further reprints and copies of the journal may be ordered. There is no page charge to authors.
Author Resources: Manuscript now accepted for publication?
If so, check out our suite of tools and services for authors and sign up for:
- Article Tracking
- E-mail Publication Alerts
- Personalization Tools
Cite EarlyView Articles
To link to an article from the author’s homepage, take the DOI (digital object identifier) and append it to "http://dx.doi.org/" as per following example:
DOI 10.1002/hep.20941, becomes http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/hep.20941.