Journal of International Development
Copyright © 2015 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Edited By: Paul Mosley
Impact Factor: 0.669
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 41/55 (Planning & Development)
Online ISSN: 1099-1328
Best Paper Prize
JID best paper prize
The Journal of International Development (JID) offers a £500 prize for the best paper at the Development Studies Association Conference and the opportunity of being published in JID.
Papers will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of the topic to the DSA conference theme
- Significance of the topic for international development
- Evidence of interdisciplinarity, either in how the research is conceptualised and/or in the use of research methods
- Rigour of research approach and use of evidence
- Originality of conceptualisation of the research topic and/or how it has been researched
The process for evaluation will be as follows:
- For those who submit papers to a themed panel, the panel convenor will put forward the paper(s) they feel are best fit for the criteria above.
- For those who submit a standalone paper, the Conference Review Team will shortlist up to four of the papers with the best fit for the above criteria.
- All the papers will then be forwarded to the Journal of International Development’s double blind review process and the winner will be notified in advance of the Conference (as we would like the winner to be present at the Conference to accept the award)
To enable the judges to adhere to the anonymous double blind peer review process of JID, please use the following layout and text:conference.
- Top page: head your paper: SUBMISSION FOR JID BEST PAPER PRIZE (capitals please), then title, name(s) of author(s), position(s) in institution(s), institutional address(es) and email address(es)
- Second page: title of paper, brief paragraph about why your paper meets the above criteria, and paper abstract.
The winning paper will be considered for publication in JID, and will be reviewed by members of the JID Editorial Advisory Board in advance of the conference. The prize will be awarded at the DSA Conference.