Permafrost and Periglacial Processes
© John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Edited By: Professor J. B. Murton
Impact Factor: 2.177
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 10/44 (Geology); 23/46 (Geography Physical)
Online ISSN: 1099-1530
Just Published Articles
- Eighteen Year Record of Forest Fire Effects on Ground Thermal Regimes and Permafrost in the Central Mackenzie Valley, NWT, Canada
Sharon L. Smith, Daniel W. Riseborough and Philip P. Bonnaventure
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ppp.1849
- Internal Structure and Composition of a Rock Glacier in the Dry Andes, Inferred from Ground-penetrating Radar Data and its Artefacts
Sébastien Monnier and Christophe Kinnard
Article first published online: 12 MAY 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ppp.1846
- Discussion of ‘A Simple Thaw-Freeze Algorithm for a Multi-Layered Soil using the Stefan Equation’ by Xie and Gough (2013)
Barret L. Kurylyk
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ppp.1834
- Active Layer Thickness Prediction on the Western Antarctic Peninsula
Kelly R. Wilhelm, James G. Bockheim and Samuel Kung
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ppp.1845
- Hillslope-Scale Variability in Seasonal Frost Depth and Soil Water Content Investigated by GPR on the Southern Margin of the Sporadic Permafrost Zone on the Tibetan Plateau
Yingzhao Ma, Yinsheng Zhang, Sebastian Zubrzycki, Yanhong Guo and Suhaib Bin Farhan
Article first published online: 28 APR 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ppp.1844
What Makes A Good Paper For PPP?
To help our authors, we set out some criteria for research articles, short communications, reviews and monographs. These criteria help us to ensure that excellent work is published in PPP as quickly as it deserves.
New Special Issue
The Transactions of the International Permafrost Association contain review papers that are commissioned to present the state of permafrost science and engineering at the time of the quadrennial International Conferences. The reviews may be presented at the conferences, as was the case for several of the papers published here. The Transactions are jointly organized by the IPA and Permafrost and Periglacial Processes; the review of manuscripts and production of the Transactions have used the standard process and infrastructure of the journal and its publisher. The Transactions are published as a special issue of Permafrost and Periglacial Processes.
Search Engine Optimization: For Authors
Read our SEO Guidelines for Authors document containing top tips to make your article discoverable online.
Are you a Chinese Author? Do you need advice on writing a paper?
This article, written by Professor Stuart Lane, editor of Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, provides excellent guidelines for Chinese authors. The article has been translated into local language for easy reading and comprehension.