Permafrost and Periglacial Processes
© John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Edited By: Professor J. B. Murton
Impact Factor: 2.177
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 10/44 (Geology); 23/46 (Geography Physical)
Online ISSN: 1099-1530
Just Published Articles
- Observing a Catastrophic Thermokarst Lake Drainage in Northern Alaska
Benjamin M. Jones and Christopher D. Arp
Article first published online: 23 MAR 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ppp.1842
- You have full text access to this OnlineOpen articleAssessing Permafrost Degradation and Land Cover Changes (1986–2009) using Remote Sensing Data over Umiujaq, Sub-Arctic Québec
Inga Beck, Ralf Ludwig, Monique Bernier, Esther Lévesque and Julia Boike
Article first published online: 23 MAR 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ppp.1839
- Noah Modelling of the Permafrost Distribution and Characteristics in the West Kunlun Area, Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, China
Hao Chen, Zhuotong Nan, Lin Zhao, Yongjian Ding, Ji Chen and Qiangqiang Pang
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ppp.1841
- The Thermal Regime, including a Reversed Thermal Offset, of Arid Permafrost Sites with Variations in Vegetation Cover Density, Wudaoliang Basin, Qinghai-Tibet Plateau
Z. Lin, C. R. Burn, F. Niu, J. Luo, M. Liu and G. Yin
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ppp.1840
- ‘Warm’ Tundra: Atmospheric and Near-Surface Ground Temperature Inversions Across an Alpine Treeline in Continuous Permafrost, Western Arctic, Canada
H. B. O'Neill, C. R. Burn, S. V. Kokelj and T. C. Lantz
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ppp.1838
What Makes A Good Paper For PPP?
To help our authors, we set out some criteria for research articles, short communications, reviews and monographs. These criteria help us to ensure that excellent work is published in PPP as quickly as it deserves.
New Special Issue
The Transactions of the International Permafrost Association contain review papers that are commissioned to present the state of permafrost science and engineering at the time of the quadrennial International Conferences. The reviews may be presented at the conferences, as was the case for several of the papers published here. The Transactions are jointly organized by the IPA and Permafrost and Periglacial Processes; the review of manuscripts and production of the Transactions have used the standard process and infrastructure of the journal and its publisher. The Transactions are published as a special issue of Permafrost and Periglacial Processes.
Search Engine Optimization: For Authors
Read our SEO Guidelines for Authors document containing top tips to make your article discoverable online.
Are you a Chinese Author? Do you need advice on writing a paper?
This article, written by Professor Stuart Lane, editor of Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, provides excellent guidelines for Chinese authors. The article has been translated into local language for easy reading and comprehension.