Polymers for Advanced Technologies
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Editor-in-Chief: Dr Abraham Domb
Impact Factor: 1.823
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 36/85 (Polymer Science)
Online ISSN: 1099-1581
Aims and Scope
POLYMERS FOR ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES is published in response to recent significant changes in the patterns of materials research and development. Worldwide attention has been focused on the critical importance of materials in the creation of new devices and systems. It is now recognized that materials are often the limiting factor in bringing a new technical concept to fruition and that polymers are often the materials of choice in these demanding applications. A significant portion of the polymer research ongoing in the world is directly or indirectly related to the solution of complex, interdisciplinary problems whose successful resolution is necessary for achievement of broad system objectives.
POLYMERS FOR ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES is focused to the interest of scientists and engineers from academia and industry who are participating in these new areas of polymer research and development. It is the intent of this journal to impact the polymer related advanced technologies to meet the challenge of the twenty-first century.
POLYMERS FOR ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES aims at encouraging innovation, invention, imagination and creativity by providing a broad interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new research and development concepts, theories and results which reflect the changing image and pace of modern polymer science and technology.
POLYMERS FOR ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES aims at becoming the central organ of the new multi-disciplinary polymer oriented materials science of the highest scientific standards. It will publish original research papers on finished studies; communications limited to five typewritten pages plus three illustrations, containing experimental details; review articles of up to 40 pages; letters to the editor and book reviews. Review articles will normally be published by invitation. The Editor-in-Chief welcomes suggestions for reviews.
Review Articles. Polymers for Advanced Technologies publishes high quality reviews on topics of current interest in all areas of advanced polymer processing, synthesis, and applications of new polymer-centric innovations. Areas of particular interest are biomedical devices, flexible electronics, neural interfaces, organic electronics, soft photonics, polymer nanocomposites, micro- and nano-fabrication, biological molecules including DNA, polymers in advanced energy applications, and other exciting uses of polymers tackling grand challenges across disciplines. Articles may either provide a complete, broad review of a topic, or may concentrate on the author's own work, placing that work in the context of the broader field. Several select issues published by PAT will be topical issues consisting of invited papers.
TOPICS COVEREDRadiation-Related Polymers
- Radiation-sensitive and radiation-stabilized polymers
- Polymers for microwave absorption
- Photo-electro conductive polymers
- Electro-optics and nonlinear optics
- Dielectric, ferroelectric and electric applications of polymers.
- Liquid-crystalline and high-performance polymers and fibers
- Polymeric gels and networks
- Blends and alloys
- Engineering polymers
- Composites, adhesives, interphases and interfaces
- New elastomers, coatings and sealants
- Flammability, flame retardance and flame resistance
- Polymeric membranes, thin films and nanofilms
- Polymeric catalysts.
Polymers for Biosystems
- Polymers for biosensors and affinity chromatography
- Polymers for drug release and drug carrier systems
- Biocompatible polymers and polymer surfaces
- Bioabsorbable and biodegradable polymers
- Microfabrication and novel processing
- Polymers in biotechnology
- Biologically engineered polymers.
The journal will deal with organic, inorganic, multiphase and composite polymers which include amorphous and crystalline, in solid, liquid and gaseous phases with properties of potential for advanced technologies. Among the industries for which the journal is of importance are: electric, electronic, information and communication industries, aerospace-related industries, chemicals, energy, plastics, fibers and textiles, engineering resins and rubber products, automotive and packaging, imaging industries, devices and integrated circuits, specialty consumer products, agricultural and pharmaceutical industries.
Industrial and academic scientists and engineers in the following fields: materials science · polymer science · inorganic chemistry · physical chemistry · polymer physics · organic chemistry · biochemistry · chemical engineering · plastics engineering · mechanical engineering · biotechnology · molecular modelling and design
polymers, advanced technologies, radiation, biosystems, composites, liquid-crystal, high-performance, fiber, gel, network, membranes, nanofilms, journal, online journal, Wiley Online Library
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Advanced Polymers Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Ceramic Abstracts/World Ceramic Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- ChemWeb (ChemIndustry.com)
- Chimica Database (Elsevier)
- COMPENDEX (Elsevier)
- Computer & Information Systems Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Civil Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Technology Research Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Engineered Materials Abstracts (ProQuest)
- FLUIDEX (Elsevier)
- INSPEC (IET)
- International Aerospace Abstracts & Database (ProQuest)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics)
- Materials Business File (ProQuest)
- METADEX (ProQuest)
- PASCAL Database (INIST/CNRS)
- Polymer Library (iSmithers RAPRA)
- Science Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- TEMA: Technik und Management (WTI-Frankfurt eG)
- VINITI (All-Russian Institute of Science & Technological Information)
- Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)