Software Process: Improvement and Practice
© John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Aims and Scope
From 2010 Software Process Improvement and Practice will be incorporated in the Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution: Research and Practice.
The objective of Software Process is to facilitate improvement in the quality, productivity, performance and assessment of the software development process by disseminating practice and experience papers.
Software Process aims to be the vehicle of scientific record for all advances in software process models and descriptions. It will seek contributions on the impact of the SEI capability maturity model, on standardisation issues and the results of initiatives such as ESSI, and on all the following topics: process discovery and capture; process description and formalisms; process architecture; process analysis and visualisation; process-centred environments; process monitoring and measurement; process experiments and experimental paradigms; relationships between software and non-software processes; process support mechanisms - instantiation, customisation, evolution, change propagation, guidance and conformance, cooperation and coordination, state reification, binding-process assessment, feedback and improvement; novel software processes.
By learning from the results of practical experience and by providing a forum for discussion of the entire range of software engineering activities from conception through to maintenance of evolving systems, this publication aims to be as grounded in the realities of organisational and commercial forces as it is led by technological innovation.
Software engineers and designers · systems programmers and analysts · researchers and vendors in computing
software, software development, practical, software process, software process improvement (SPI), software process modelling, process, capability maturity model (CMM), software project, simulation, system dynamics, requirements, journal, online journal, Wiley Online Library
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Advanced Polymers Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Ceramic Abstracts/World Ceramic Abstracts (ProQuest)
- COMPENDEX (Elsevier)
- Computer & Information Systems Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Computer Science Index (EBSCO Publishing)
- Computing Reviews (ACM)
- CSA Civil Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Technology Research Database (ProQuest)
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Engineered Materials Abstracts (ProQuest)
- INSPEC (IET)
- International Aerospace Abstracts & Database (ProQuest)
- Materials Business File (ProQuest)
- METADEX (ProQuest)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography (University of Trier)