Software Testing, Verification and Reliability
© John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Edited By: Jeff Offutt and Robert M. Hierons
Impact Factor: 1.043
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 46/105 (Computer Science Software Engineering)
Online ISSN: 1099-1689
Software Testing, Verification and Reliability (STVR) is an international journal, publishing 8 issues per year. It publishes papers on theoretical and practical issues of software testing, verification and reliability. The goal of the journal is to publish high-quality papers that help researchers, educators and practitioners understand cutting edge results.
Aims and Scope
The journal is the premier outlet for research results on the subjects of testing, verification and reliability. Readers will find useful research on issues pertaining to building better software and evaluating it.
The journal is unique in its emphasis on theoretical foundations and applications to real-world software development. The balance of theory, empirical work, and practical applications provide readers with better techniques for testing, verifying and improving the reliability of software.
The journal targets researchers, practitioners, educators and students that have a vested interest in results generated by high-quality testing, verification and reliability modeling and evaluation of software. Topics of special interest include, but are not limited to:
- New criteria for software testing and verification
- Application of existing software testing and verification techniques to new types of software, including web applications, web services, embedded software, aspect-oriented software, and software architectures
- Model based testing
- Formal verification techniques such as model-checking
- Comparison of testing and verification techniques
- Measurement of and metrics for testing, verification and reliability
- Industrial experience with cutting edge techniques
- Descriptions and evaluations of commercial and open-source software testing tools
- Reliability modeling, measurement and application
- Testing and verification of software security
- Automated test data generation
- Process issues and methods
- Non-functional testing
Types of contributions include:
- Research Papers reporting original work, either theoretical or practical, which increase knowledge, understanding or practice in software testing, verification or reliability. Refereed prior to publication.
- Survey Papers that detail all the current knowledge in a specific area. Refereed.
- Short Notes including position papers and relevant minor results. Refereed.
- Case Studies that describe experience from using a specific method, methodology, technique, policy or tool in practical situations. Refereed.
- Letters expressing readers' views on current and controversial topics.
Each scientific paper will be thoroughly reviewed by at least three reviewers.
Software engineers and designers · software researchers · software tool vendors · information technology practitioners
Software, software testing, verification, software reliability, software metrics and metrology, software standards, programming, object oriented, policy, software tools, practical, fault coupling/exposure behaviour, fault-based testing, journal, online journal, Wiley Online Library
Software engineers and designers · systems programmers and analysts · information systems managers · researchers and vendors in computing
software, software testing, verification, software reliability, software standards, programming, object oriented, policy, software tools, practical, fault coupling/exposure behaviour, fault-based testing, journal, online journal, Wiley Online Library
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Advanced Polymers Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Ceramic Abstracts/World Ceramic Abstracts (ProQuest)
- COMPENDEX (Elsevier)
- CompuMath Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Computer & Information Systems Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Computer Abstracts (Emerald)
- Computer Science Index (EBSCO Publishing)
- Computing Reviews (ACM)
- CSA Civil Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Technology Research Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Engineering, Computing & Technology (Thomson Reuters)
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Engineered Materials Abstracts (ProQuest)
- INSPEC (IET)
- International Aerospace Abstracts & Database (ProQuest)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Materials Business File (ProQuest)
- METADEX (ProQuest)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography (University of Trier)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)