British Journal of Surgery
© British Journal of Surgery Society Ltd. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Edited By: D. Alderson and J. J. Earnshaw (Editors-in-Chief). J. Beynon, A. Bergenfelz, C. H. C. Dejong, M. Sund, K. Søreide, B. P. L. Wijnhoven and D. C. Winter (Editors). R. Hinchliffe (Associate Editor)
Impact Factor: 5.596
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 7/199 (Surgery)
Online ISSN: 1365-2168
Associated Title(s): European Journal of Surgery
Recently Published Issues
Current Issue Highlights
Reconsidering the endovenous revolution
Mortality of emergency abdominal surgery in high-, middle- and low-income countries
Design of new patient-reported outcome measures to assess quality of life, symptoms and treatment satisfaction in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysm
G. Peach, J. Romaine, A. Wilson, P. J. E. Holt, M. M. Thompson, R. J. Hinchliffe and C. Bradley
Videoscopic ilioinguinal lymphadenectomy for groin lymph node metastases from melanoma
A. Sommariva, S. Pasquali, C. Cona, A. A. Ciccarese, L. Saadeh, L. G. Campana, M. Meroni and C. R. Rossi
Multicentre observational study of outcomes after drainage of acute perianal abscess
L. Pearce, K. Newton, S. R. Smith, P. Barrow, J. Smith, L. Hancock, C. C. Kirwan, J. Hill and the North West Research Collaborative
-BJS content: links to the latest content, current issue spotlights and featured articles
- Clinical Library: podcasts, videos and graphic resources, searchable by category and keywords
- Scientific Surgery: fully searchable database of randomized clinical trials in surgery
- Book Reviews: read, and submit your own, candid reviews of the latest publications
- Your Views: correspond with the BJS Editors about any part of the journal, whether in print or online
Introducing the official BJS Journal App
Now available on Android™ and iOS!
Keep up with important developments in the field of surgery even faster and enjoy a new, optimised browsing and reading experience with the BJS journal app.
Key features of the app include:
- Convenient access to articles anytime, anywhere
- Quick navigation to any section of the app
- Immediate access to new content
- Download issues to read offline, or share important articles
- Enhanced search across all downloaded content
Apple and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U. S. and others. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Watch the video below to learn more about our journal apps