British Journal of Surgery
Copyright © 2013 British Journal of Surgery Society Ltd. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Edited By: D. Alderson and J. J. Earnshaw (Editors-in-Chief). J. Beynon, A. Bergenfelz, C. H. C. Dejong, K. Søreide and D. C. Winter (Editors). M. Sund and B.P.L. Wijnhoven (Associate Editors)
Impact Factor: 4.839
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 6/199 (Surgery)
Online ISSN: 1365-2168
Associated Title(s): European Journal of Surgery
Incorporating European Journal of Surgery and Swiss Surgery
A Journal formed by the union of British Journal of Surgery, Acta Chirurgica Scandinavica, publisher of European Journal of Surgery, and the Swiss Society of Surgery, publisher of Swiss Surgery.
The Journal is specially related to the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland, Society of Academic and Research Surgery, Swedish Surgical Society and Swiss Society of Surgery.
Aims and Scope
With an impact factor of 4.839, BJS is the premier surgical journal in Europe and one of the top six surgical periodicals in the world. Its international readership is reflected in the prestigious international Editorial Board, supported by a panel of over 1200 reviewers worldwide.
BJS features the very best in clinical and laboratory-based research on all aspects of general surgery and related topics. Developing areas such as minimally invasive therapy and interventional radiology are strongly represented.
The inclusion of Leading articles, Reviews and Original Articles means that the BJS; offers an appropriate format for any length or type of submission. In addition there are abstracts from key meetings, correspondence, and book reviews.
BJS will be of interest not only to general surgeons, but also to specialty surgeons and those working in related fields.
British Journal of Surgery, BJS, surgical research, surgery journal, surgical journal, general surgery, breast surgery, upper GI surgery, lower GI surgery, vascular surgery, endocrine surgery, scientific surgery, european surgery journal, international surgery journal, European Journal of Surgery, Swiss Surgery
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts in Social Gerontology (EBSCO Publishing)
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CAB HEALTH (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- Current Contents: Clinical Medicine (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Dairy Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- EORTC Database (European Organisation for Research & Treatment of Cancer)
- Global Health (CABI)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE (NLM)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- PEDro: Physiotherapy Evidence Database (Centre for Evidence-Based Physiotherapy)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- RECAL Legacy Database (RECAL)
- Review of Aromatic & Medicinal Plants (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Mycology (CABI)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- SIIC Databases (Sociedad Iberoamericana de Informacion Cientifica)
- Soybean Abstracts Online (CABI)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)