Copyright © 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
March 15, 2002
Just Arrived: Special Issue on Biophysics
ChemPhysChem is proud to present its special issue on biophysics. It contains Concept-type articles from leading international experts in this dynamic and flourishing field on the most exciting crossroads of chemistry, biology and physics. It was produced under the editorial coordination of Prof. Erich Sackmann (Munich). This discipline will no doubt be one of the jewels of 21st-century research.
From the Contents:
- Physics in cell biology: Physics of biopolymers and molecular motors (E. Frey)
- Electrical interfacing of nerve cells and semiconductor chips (P. Fromherz)
- Stochastic resonance: How noise improves biological information processing (P. Hänggi)
- Myoglobin,a paradigm in the study of protein dynamics (F. G. Parak and G. U. Nienhaus)
- Force spectroscopy of single biomolecules (M. Rief and H. Grubmüller)
- Quantum physics of photosynthesis (T. Ritz, A. Damjanovic, and K. Schulten)
- Cell adhesion as a wetting transition? (E. Sackmann and R. Bruinsma)
- The map in your head: How does the brain represent the outside world? (J. L. van Hemmen)
- Single virus tracing: Visualization of the infection pathway of a virus into a living cell (C. Bräuchle, G. Seisenberger, T. Endreß, M. U. Ried, H. Büning, M. Hallek)
Make sure you don't miss it!