Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc
Edited By: Prof. John Caldwell and Prof. Nina D. Berova
Impact Factor: 1.724
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 33/58 (Chemistry Organic); 39/58 (Chemistry Medicinal); 41/76 (Chemistry Analytical); 165/254 (Pharmacology & Pharmacy)
Online ISSN: 1520-636X
Aims and Scope
The main aim of the journal is to publish scientific work on the role of molecular asymmetry in both biologically active and non-biologically active molecules in respect to their pharmacological, biological, and chemical properties. Drugs, pesticides, and other xenobiotics will be a major interest.
Papers on the chemistry (physiochemical, preparative synthetic, and analytical), pharmacology, clinical pharmacology, toxicology, and other biological aspects of chiral molecules will be published.
Among the topics to be covered are stereospecific synthesis, stereoselective analysis, preparative separation of chiral molecules, the influence of chirality on pharmacokinetics (absorption, distribution, protein binding, biotransformation, etc.), the influence of chirality on pharmacodynamics (drug-receptor interactions, pharmacological and toxicological activity), and the influence of chirality on clinical pharmacology (therapeutic index and response, bioavailability, adverse drug reactions, drug-drug interactions). Papers will also be published on regulatory and legal aspects in the development, testing, and marketing of chiral compounds.
In addition to original research papers, the journal will publish brief reviews, short communications, and conference reports. Book reviews will also appear.
Effective with the 2014 volume, this journal will be published in an online-only format. Print subscription and single issue sales are available from Wiley’s Print-on-Demand Partner. To order online click through to the ordering portal from the journal’s subscribe and renew page on Wiley Online Library.
Organic, medicinal, and biological chemists · pharmacologists · toxicologists
asymmetric synthesis, dissymmetry, asymmetric reaction, enantioselective, diastereoselective, chiral synthesis, natural product, chiral recognition, pharmacodynamics, total synthesis, optical rotation, HPLC, journal, online journal, Wiley Online Library
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- ASFA: Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Cambridge Structural Database (Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- CCR Database (Thomson Reuters)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- Chemistry Server Reaction Center (Thomson Reuters)
- Chemoreception Abstracts (ProQuest)
- ChemWeb (ChemIndustry.com)
- Chimica Database (Elsevier)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Reaction Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- SIIC Databases (Sociedad Iberoamericana de Informacion Cientifica)
- VINITI (All-Russian Institute of Science & Technological Information)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)