Fortschritte der Physik
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Instructions to authors (short version)
A full description covering the details of manuscript preparation can be found as part of the style sheet package (see the Acceptance Stage section below).
Only original papers not yet published and not simultaneously submitted for publication elsewhere will be accepted.
The journal operates an online submission and peer-review system that allows authors to submit articles online and track their progress via a web interface.
All papers must be submitted via the online submission and peer-review system ScholarOne Manuscripts:
If assistance is needed (or if for some reason online submission is not possible), please contact the Associate Editor Dr. Otto (firstname.lastname@example.org).
STEPS FOR USING THE ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM
- Launch your web browser (supported browsers include Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher, Firefox 1.0.4 or higher or Safari 1.2.4) and go to the ScholarOne Manuscripts journals homepage (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/prop)
- Log-in or, if you are a first-time user of ScholarOne Manuscripts, click the Create Account option.
- If you are creating a new account:
- After clicking on Create Account enter your name and e-mail information and click Next. Your e-mail information is very important.
- Enter your institution and address information as prompted then click Next.
- Enter a user ID and password of your choice (we recommend using your e-mail address as your user ID) and then select your area of expertise. Click Finish when done.
- If you have an account but have forgotten your log in details, go to Password Help on the ScholarOne Manuscripts journals homepage and enter your email address. The system will send you details on how to log in.
- Log-in and select Authoring Center.
Submitting Your Manuscript
- After you have logged in, click the Submit a Manuscript link in the menu bar.
- Enter data and answer questions as prompted.
- Click on the Next button on each screen to save your work and advance to the next screen.
- You are required to upload your files:
- Click on the Browse button and locate the file on your computer.
- Select the designation of each file in the drop-down next to the Browse button.
- When you have selected all files you wish to upload, click the Upload button.
- Review your submission (in PDF format) before sending to the Editors. Click the Submit button.
Note that when multiple files are uploaded ("Main Document" and "Image"), the system generates a single PDF file.
Only files conforming to the following guidelines will be accepted:
- LaTeX files coded with the fdp-style sheets available via http://www.wiley-vch.de/vch/journals/2244/public/fdp.zip (also including all necessary additional information on how to use the style sheets)
- figures in Postscript (ps or eps) or tif format should be included as separate files
- supplementary material, for example videos or animations (which will only be published in the online version)
- LaTeX files coded with the article class without any particular packages or definitions
All LaTeX files should be archived and compressed into a single file using WinZip or tar.gz before submitted.
For reviewing purposes, authors must submit a single PDF generated from the source files. At this stage, further source files are not required.
When submitting your revision you must still upload a single PDF that you have generated from your now revised source files. You must use the File Designation "Main Document" from the dropdown box. In addition you must upload your TeX source files. For all your source files you must use the File Designation "Supplemental Material not for review". If your manuscript is accepted for publication we will use the files you uploaded to typeset your article within a totally digital workflow.
Please note that when uploading a revised version of your files you need to delete the previous version first.
All contributions will be evaluated according to the standard procedures of peer review, usually by two referees. To facilitate the refereeing process, you will be asked to provide the names and email addresses of preferred referees capable of reviewing your manuscript. Please make sure that the suggested referees are not too closely related to your own publications.
Graphics need to be uploaded as separate files in a graphic format such as TIFF, EPS or JPG with a resolution of 300 dpi or higher; for graphic files choose the designation "Image" on the File Upload screen.
Please note that color figures will generally only remain in color in the electronic version, but will be printed in black/white. Color figures for the printed version can be purchased using the reprint order form.
To enable the publisher to disseminate the author's work to the fullest extent, the author must sign a Copyright Transfer Agreement, transferring copyright in the article from the author to the publisher.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be uploaded as "Supplementary files not for review" or sent by fax or email to the Associate Editor Dr. Otto (email@example.com).
Prior to publication, authors will receive page proofs, preferably by e-mail in PDF format.
Authors should keep in mind that reading proofs is their responsibility. Corrections should therefore be clear. Corrections listed in an electronic file should be sorted by line numbers. The use of standard proof correction marks is recommended.
LaTeX and Word files are sometimes slightly modified by the production department to follow the general presentation rules of the journal.
The main aim of proofreading is to correct errors that may have occurred during the production process, and not to modify the content of the paper. The reproduction of art work, the layout of the pages and breaks in equations introduced by the production staff should carefully be checked. Corrections that may lead to a change in the page layout should be avoided.
Note that sending back a corrected manuscript file is of no use.
Please correct your galley proofs and return them within 7 days together with the completed reprint order form and the signed copyright agreement. The editors reserve the right to publish your article with editors' corrections if your proofs do not arrive in time.
The corresponding author will receive a PDF file (300dpi) for 50 printouts of his contribution free of charge. Hardcopy reprints (at least 50 copies) or a PDF file for an unlimited number of printouts are available for purchase.