© WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Editor-in-Chief: Peter Gregory, Deputy Editors: Mary Farrell, Duoduo Liang, Lorna Stimson
Online ISSN: 1521-4095
Associated Title(s): Advanced Electronic Materials, Advanced Energy Materials, Advanced Engineering Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Advanced Healthcare Materials, Advanced Materials Interfaces, Advanced Optical Materials, Advanced Science, Particle & Particle Systems Characterization, Small
November 08, 2006
Eight of Top Twenty Most-Cited Materials Science Papers Since 1996 Published in Advanced Materials and Advanced Functional Materials
In November the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) published a list of the top twenty most-cited papers in materials science from the last ten years: The Most-Cited Papers in Materials Science, 1996-2006.
Advanced Materials and Advanced Functional Materials feature prominently, with eight papers in the top twenty (three in the top ten) and more than 5000 citations combined. The topics of these papers reflect the leadership of Advanced Materials in the fields of nanotechnology, organic electronics, photovoltaics, and photonics.
The eight papers in the top twenty that appeared in Advanced Materials and Advanced Functional Materials are:
- Polymer Layered Silicate Nanocomposites
- by E.P. Giannelis
- DOI: 10.1002/adma.19960080104
- One-Dimensional Nanostructures: Synthesis, Characterization, And Applications
- by Y.N. Xia et al.
- DOI: 10.1002/adma.200390087
- Organic Thin Film Transistors for Large Area Electronics
- by C.D. Dimitrakopoulos and P.R.L. Malenfant
- DOI: 10.1002/1521-4095(20020116)14:2<99::AID-ADMA99>3.0.CO;2-9
- Plastic Solar Cells
- by C.J. Brabec, N.S. Sariciftci, and J.C. Hummelen
- DOI: 10.1002/1616-3028(200102)11:1<15::AID-ADFM15>3.0.CO;2-A
- Catalytic Growth of Zinc Oxide Nanowires by Vapor Transport
- by P. Yang et al.
- DOI: 10.1002/1521-4095(200101)13:2<113::AID-ADMA113>3.0.CO;2-H
- Organic Field-Effect Transistors
- by G. Horowitz
- DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1521-4095(199803)10:5%253C365::AID-ADMA365%253E3.0.CO%3B2-U
- Nanoengineering of Particle Surfaces
- by F. Caruso
- DOI: 10.1002/1521-4095(200101)13:1<11::AID-ADMA11>3.0.CO;2-N
- Monodispersed Colloidal Spheres: Old Materials with New Applications
- by Y.N. Xia et al.
- DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1521-4095(200005)12:10<693::AID-ADMA693>3.0.CO;2-J