Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning
© John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Online ISSN: 1522-7200
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning is an international journal that provides a forum for the critical analysis of environmental policy and planning. The Environment will explore the environmental dimensions of common policies such as transport, agriculture and fisheries, urban and rural policy. Policy will embrace all stages in the policy process from formulation to implementation. Planning will address the interactions between governments and markets, the strategies of non-governmental organisations and business in relation to the environment, and land-use decision-making.
The journal invites original papers from a political, social, economic, legal, cultural, aesthetic and planning perspective to address any of the following areas:
- Theoretical studies which enhance the understanding of the
environmental policy process
- Results of comparative studies examining the implementation of policy initiatives at different spatial levels
- Research into particular environmental problems, on a global, regional or local scale
- Contributions on policy instruments, environmental management and environmental assessment techniques
- Studies exploring environmental policy and planning issues outside Europe which are relevant, or applicable, to contemporary European circumstances and debates.
The journal's focus is on Europe, but the papers will promote cross-national learning on the development of more sustainable policies and practices worldwide. Each issue will present a thematic or regional Progress Report. The regional Progress Report will provide an authoritative source of up-to-date information on environmental issues, relevant to that particular spatial area (eg the development of new policy frameworks, evaluation of policy measures, contemporary environmental challenges facing the country/region). The thematic Progress Report will include policy and conceptual issues which transgress both country and regional boundaries, such as pollution regulation or strategic environmental assessment.
There will also be an up-to-date reviews section for the latest relevant publications in this area.