New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Edited By: Lene Arnett Jensen and Reed W. Larson
Online ISSN: 1534-8687
Recently Published Issues
Current Issue:Summer 2013
Volume 2013, Issue 140
Special Issue: Organized Out-of-School Activities:...
Volume 2013, Issue 139
Special Issue: Digital Games: A Context for Cognit...
Volume 2012, Issue 138
Special Issue: Identity Around the World
Volume 2012, Issue 137
Special Issue: Applications of Dialogical Self The...
Volume 2012, Issue 136
Special Issue: Independent Child Migration—Insight...
Call for Editors
John Wiley & Sons is currently seeking a new editor (or co-editors) for its New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development (NDCAD) journal.
- soliciting and reviewing proposals from potential issue editors and providing feedback.
- scheduling issues with issue editors and serves as the primary editorial contact for the journal, fielding questions as they arise during the issue development process and reviewing the final submitted issues.
- working with appropriate personnel of the Publisher on any necessary Production, Editorial, or Marketing issues to ensure that all issues publish according to schedule and meet the expected high quality of the journal.
The new editorship will likely begin Summer 2014 depending on transition schedules with the current Editors-in-Chief.
Download the full Call for Editors.
Recently Published Articles
- Organized Out-of-School Activities and Peer Relationships: Theoretical Perspectives and Previous Research (pages 1–17)
Jennifer A. Fredricks and Sandra D. Simpkins
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013 | DOI: 10.1002/cad.20034
- Adolescents, Organized Activities, and Peers: Knowledge Gained and Knowledge Needed (pages 77–96)
B. Bradford Brown
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013 | DOI: 10.1002/cad.20038
- Regrouping: Organized Activity Involvement and Social Adjustment Across the Transition to High School (pages 57–75)
Amy M. Bohnert, Julie Wargo Aikins and Nicole T. Arola
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013 | DOI: 10.1002/cad.20037
- When Is Sport Participation Risky or Protective for Alcohol Use? The Role of Teammates, Friendships, and Popularity (pages 37–55)
Andrea E. Vest and Sandra D. Simpkins
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013 | DOI: 10.1002/cad.20036
- Friendships with Co-Participants in Organized Activities: Prevalence, Quality, Friends' Characteristics, and Associations with Adolescents' Adjustment (pages 19–35)
François Poulin and Anne-Sophie Denault
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013 | DOI: 10.1002/cad.20035