© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: Trudy W. Banta
Online ISSN: 1536-0725
Call for Contributions
The editor welcomes short articles and news items for Assessment Update. Guidelines follow for those who would like to contribute articles on outcomes assessment in higher education.
- Content: Please send an account of your experience with assessment in higher education. Include concrete examples of practice and results.
- Audience: Assessment Update readers are academic administrators, campus assessment practitioners, institutional researchers, and faculty from a variety of fields. All types of institutions are represented in the readership.
- Style: A report, essay, news story, or letter to the editor is welcome. Limited references can be printed; however, extensive tables cannot be included.
- Format: In addition to standard manuscripts, news may be contributed via letter, telephone, or fax (317) 274-4651. The standard manuscript format is a 60-space line with 25 lines per page. Articles may also be sent to email@example.com as a Microsoft Word attachment. Please include your complete postal mailing address.
- Length: Articles should be four to eight typed, double-spaced pages (1,000–2,000 words). Annotations of recent publications for the Recommended Reading feature should be about 200–500 words in length. Short news items and content for the Memos section should be about 50–200 words long.
- Copyright: Articles shall not have been registered for copyright or published elsewhere prior to publication in Assessment Update.
- Deadlines: Each issue is typically planned four months before its publication.
Please address mailed contributions and comments to Trudy W. Banta, Editor, Assessment Update, Suite 4049 University Hall, 301 University Blvd., Indianapolis, IN 46202.